Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are Labour party members stupid? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellie220)
    Having Ed Miliband as a leader really doesn't help their image :P
    I cannot take him seriously - He sounds like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit

ReputationRep:
    Just because you may object to the current policies of the party, you cannot label it's entire membership as stupid. Many in the party are also dissatisfied with New Labour's record in government. I think it's still too early to tell though how the party will change under Ed Miliband's leadership.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Just because you may object to the current policies of the party, you cannot label it's entire membership as stupid. Many in the party are also dissatisfied with New Labour's record in government. I think it's still too early to tell though how the party will change under Ed Miliband's leadership.
    I object to what the party stands for and almost everything it proposes, I usually disagree with - except for certain things.

ReputationRep:
    This is my first post. I graduated in 96. And since then, like millions of others, we have been completely priced out of housing. The biggest debt you face in your lifetimes, is buying a house.
    The Labour Party under Brown and co, deliberately manipulated house prices to rise to astronomical levels.
    So we have been Forced to waste tens upon tens of thousands in rent. Bascially working for nothing for a decade. No capital.
    I had no opinion about Labour one way or the other, in 1997. Now I truly hate em.
    The Bank bailouts, are forcing people not on the housing ladder, to pay for this toxic mortgage debt. In effect, you are paying for other peoples houses, whilst keeping houses massively overinflated, so you can never afford your own house.A debt transfer has taken place. And it is entirely the fault of Labour.
    The student tuition fee debt is not fair, but its nothing compared to the debt you will take on, as soon as you begin working, if you want to be able to work and pay for a house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan1el)
    This is my first post. I graduated in 96. And since then, like millions of others, we have been completely priced out of housing. The biggest debt you face in your lifetimes, is buying a house.
    The Labour Party under Brown and co, deliberately manipulated house prices to rise to astronomical levels.
    So we have been Forced to waste tens upon tens of thousands in rent. Bascially working for nothing for a decade. No capital.
    I had no opinion about Labour one way or the other, in 1997. Now I truly hate em.
    The Bank bailouts, are forcing people not on the housing ladder, to pay for this toxic mortgage debt. In effect, you are paying for other peoples houses, whilst keeping houses massively overinflated, so you can never afford your own house.A debt transfer has taken place. And it is entirely the fault of Labour.
    The student tuition fee debt is not fair, but its nothing compared to the debt you will take on, as soon as you begin working, if you want to be able to work and pay for a house.
    :thumbsup:

Like I always say, the Labour party has created an illusion that they are there for poorer people or disadvantafed, they are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by borat47)
    I just watched a live Q and A session and i couldn't help but wonder why so many people still support Labour, attacking coalition plans to do something about the state of this countries finances, while offering no sensible ideas.

I mean people must surely see that this was all a result of 13 years under Labour and its actually their fault! but no, the conservatives try and clean up after them and are forced to raise taxes or make cuts, so everyone hates them and votes Labour again, who then go on another spending spree trying to buy votes.

Their new leader is the most un-charismatic character and comes across as desperate and just takes every opportunity to disagree with the coalition, even if its a Labour policy too!

Considering Labour's policy of a Graduate tax, we're pretty lucky to be getting the tuition fee deal we are getting. That would have been even more unfair. 2% on minimum wage would have been a lot to pay, and would have been nothing for a graduate on 60k - not progressive at all.

Ed Milliband..
    You need to ask yourself a simple question.
    Are you serious?

" I go away for a while and when I come back the country is being run by two gay antique dealers." Rich Hall

No more need to be said.

ReputationRep:
    People are not necessarily stupid but in all walks of life you can come across people who have blind faith. Be it Labour members, Conservative members, Christians, Atheists.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go as far as that but Labour offers no viable alternative at the moment. The always play nicer ones.

Anyway, current crisis is present all over the world. So whichever party would get in, then still similar reforms would be introduced or else Britain would be in real ****, ie Greece

ReputationRep:
    I think some of the things they have said recently are completely ridiculous

"this £400 a week housing benefit cap for single people should not be introduced!"

lol what as if over £20k a year of free rent isn't enough i don't know why the cap was put so high by the conservatives either i thought they hated poor people

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and so are members of the Lib Dem Party.

ReputationRep:
    What do you expect Ed Milliband to do? Labour's had 13 years of the Tories complaining about every decision they made, now it's their turn. As Leader of the Opposition part of his job is to snipe in the background :P Even if he doesn't have a viable alternative (which I presume he does) he's not going to pass up an opportunity to show the world what a mistake they've made in the elections...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.