Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I super-glued my left eye close Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't see this being a good idea for your eye apart from going to the doctors but, a bit nail polish remover some cotton will unstick it. Be careful not to get it in your eye and then wash your eye immediately.

ReputationRep:
    :congrats:
    BANTER

ReputationRep:
    Your skin will eventually slough off the glue, a few days max and you'll be fine (if you really didn't get any in your eye). If there's a chance that some is in your eye it's probably worth a visit to the doc.

Don't worry too much just don't attempt to force open your eyelid, or scrub the glue off - you'll only harm yourself.

MY ADVICE: Don't put nail polish or any other chemical substance anywhere near your eye. You probably won't get the superglue off, you'll just hurt your eye. Leave it, your skin sloughs off all the time, the glue will go with it. Just wait.

ReputationRep:
    Umm 34 packs of asprins and sniff the rest of that glue for good measure

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know tampons had eyelids :p: you learn something new every day ^^

ReputationRep:
    Youtube video or it didn't happen

ReputationRep:
    I pride myself of being a British student. Only here do we have individuals of such clear superior intelligence.
    See. A. Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abused Tampon)
    will my tears loosen the glue
    i lolled at this bit ...a sentance thats never been used ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    My dad actually did this when he was younger. I'd go the doctors if I was in your shoes.
    your dad must be a top banana head, well hey, the retarded gene does transfer through blood!

And to think I was a creationist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    They will have to cut out your eyelid and it won't grow back so you'll probably have to live with an iron eyelid for the rest of your life.
    Yeah my uncle had to live with an iron eyelid after he did this.
    He now urinates out of his anus and none of the family speak to him.
    But I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    your dad must be a top banana head, well hey, the retarded gene does transfer through blood!

And to think I was a creationist!
    Or someone who went to squeeze the glue out when the other end popped and went in his eye. You ****ing prick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    Or someone who went to squeeze the glue out when the other end popped and went in his eye. You ****ing prick.
    Well, he must have been a true ******, he could have just washed his eyes out with water but he probably decided to wait for the glue to dry just to see what happens.

Creepy thick dude

ReputationRep:
    Acetone, warm water and a lot of soap will do it pretty quick. Problem you have is getting acetone in your eye, go to A&E they can sort it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knighted)
    even a troll should know how to use google

Super Glue in Your Eyes
    Some people mistake super glue for eye ointment because of the similar packaging. Waste no time fiddling with the glue stain on or near your eyes. Follow these steps to avoid any injury.

* Step 1: Wash the affected area thoroughly with copious amounts of warm water for 15 minutes.
    * Step 2: Hold your eyes open and apply a moist gauze patch. Do not try to forcefully open your eyelids because this might open wounds.
    * Step 3: Go to your doctor once you've cleaned the affected area. Try not to rub it too much since this might cause irritation.
    * Step 4: Since skin peels all the time, the eye should open by itself within one to four days. There has never been a documented case of super glue causing permanent eye damage.
    Oh gosh :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan3va)
    sounds like someone is a cupid stunt
    this.

oh, and :troll:.

(Original post by Abused Tampon)
      i cant open my eye, I did it as a dare.
      its just my eyelid, my eyeball is fine and i can feel it moving when i change where im looking.
      the eye is really watery. im not really panicking my friends recorded it on their phone and said that they are going to upload to youtube.

will my tears loosen the glue or something or do i have to go to the doctors.
      Your eye watering will help, but get it bathed in warm water, if the glue hasn't come off yet.

ReputationRep:
      You have to counter act this event by super gluing your other eye shut. Currently, your brain acknowledges that you can see through your right eye perfectly fine so does nothing to fix the situation. But once you super glue your other eye shut, your brain will then be aware it needs to take action, so will secrete plasmodesmate and endoplasmic reticulums to your eye, which is the bodys natural way of fending of wild super glue.

ReputationRep:
      ok...ur stupid

ReputationRep:
      He's on tsr with his eye glue shut...only on tsr!

ReputationRep:
      Failtacular.
      A fail so epic, it's almost a win.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.