Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help!! Harrods xmas temp - assessment!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebubble)
    yeah same just going to focus on uni for now xD good luck with everything and nice meeting you
    OK, thanks, you too :yy:. Oh well, at least we do have the experience of job interviews/assessment, which should help prepare us a little for next time :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gurkin123)
    I attended an assessment centre in November and was lucky enough to get the job (temp. Christmas staff). I had a group interview followed by two one on one interviews.

The most important thing that they are looking for in the group interview is a bit of personality, and an ability to gel well with people whilst retaining your sense of individuality- you'll be selling expensive goods to customers expecting great service after all. The more technical stuff will follow in the subsequent interviews- any retail experience (not at all essential but gives you some common ground with the interviewer who will probably be a line manager etc) , "why Harrods" etc. It's worth preparing a few answers for those, and do try and be consistent between different interviews with your story! The other key thing is to ensure that you are immaculately presented- don't do what one guy did and turn up in chino's and an un-ironed shirt. He didn't have a chance the second he walked through the door. And, finally, keep smiling and be yourself!

TBH, all pretty standard interview practice really!

Best of luck!
    Hi, what department were you working at? Also, do they offer any summer ones? I had a look and couldn't find any.

What is the pay btw if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I work in the Georgian Restaurant. I don't know about summer jobs...might be worth sending an email to the Human Resources Department to "register your interest" so to speak. To be honest, while I can see why there would be a seasonal increase in business over the summer, I doubt it would be anywhere near as pronounced as the Christmas period so if they do have extra temp positions then there will almost certainly be less to go around.

Pay is pretty good; including tips I probably earned somewhere in the region of £11-13 p/h. Plus, there's the rather generous staff discount!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.