Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your favourite style/genre of music? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Indie / post-punk. Atmospheric sound, meaningful lyrics, happy, playful, uniqueness, small intimate gigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSilentG)
    5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6gHLHbYVeA [Electro House]

My music taste in a nutshell .
    thats not Electro House =[. I was expecting the crazy guy with the beast mask

ReputationRep:
    I tend to listen to a bit of everything but my favourite is probably alternative rock

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE TECH MUSIC
    it makes you feel like you're in a different place, where no one is watching and everyone is happy

ReputationRep:
    Classical, without a shadow of a doubt. I love pretty much all of the subgenres, though I'm not so keen on coloratura opera and atonal modern music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstep.)
    thats not Electro House =[. I was expecting the crazy guy with the beast mask
    You mean Dj Bl3nd bro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruOAAoC-1E0, meh I'm not really sure what MSTRKRFT's genre truly is so I just labelled it as Electro House. What did you think of the dubstep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm Rachel)
    I LOVE TECH MUSIC
    it makes you feel like you're in a different place, where no one is watching and everyone is happy
    I hate happy people

Especially dis guy >>>

What a ****...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    I HATE tech death
    why do you hate it so much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm Rachel)
    why do you hate it so much?
    I'm not sure, but there later stuff by Death aside, (which is their worst stuff) I haven't enjoyed any bands I have listened to that are tech death. They just seem to forego songwriting and just show off writing uber complex riffs and trying to be brutal and oh so smart. I just don't like it, it seems like a load of ****, but I am mostly into old school death metal, particularly swedish stuff like entombed, dismember, merciless, grave, general surgery e.t.c.

ReputationRep:
    Classical music/Opera and theater music, 60s-70s-80s music, Christmas Songs, Jazz, Some rock songs.

ReputationRep:
    Post-hardcore.

ReputationRep:
    Mine changes a lot depending on mood but I suppose if I had to pick just one it would be Indie/Britpop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSilentG)
    You mean Dj Bl3nd bro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruOAAoC-1E0, meh I'm not really sure what MSTRKRFT's genre truly is so I just labelled it as Electro House. What did you think of the dubstep?
    Haha thats him, what a legend. I'm not that big of a 16Bit fan tbh, but I've heard Chainsaw Calligraphy before but I cant remember how it goes, I will listen again now. The other one is pretty chill, a bit too chill for my liking

ReputationRep:
    i like any music that makes me wanna listen to it more be it R&B or Rock or Rap...but i guess if i had to pinpoint one genre it would probably be indie/alternative rock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    Post-hardcore.
    Hehe, sneaky way of saying "emo". :p:

My favourite would be Goth. As to which particular style of goth, I'm not sure. Probably EBM or Trad.

Also love proper indie music, so much variety there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Hehe, sneaky way of saying "emo". :p:

My favourite would be Goth. As to which particular style of goth, I'm not sure. Probably EBM or Trad.

Also love proper indie music, so much variety there.
    Shhhh no one would've known if you didnt point it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    Shhhh no one would've known if you didnt point it out.
    Couldn't let you get away scot-free!

ReputationRep:
    A great range:

Metal: - Iron Maiden, Metallica, Amon Amarth, Zuul FX, In Flames, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Alice In Chains, BFMV, Rise to Remain, Black Sabbath, Slipknot, LP, Blaze Bayley

Hard Rock: Led Zep, Velvet Revolver, Deep Purple, ACDC, GnR, Them Crooked Vultures, Kyuss

Punk/Post/Hardcore: Funeral For A Friend, Senses Fail, Finch, Cancer Bats, Rancid, Offspring, NOFX, Glassjaw, Quicksand, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Far,

Alternative: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Feeder, Oasis

Guitarists: Jeff Beck, Santana, Joe Bonamassa, Frank Zappa, Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Jerry Cantrell, Slash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan

plus a few classic blues, jazz, acoustic artists

ReputationRep:
    1. Progressive metal
    2. Late romantic classical

ReputationRep:
    dubstep :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.