Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Aberdeen University for accounting and finance?

ReputationRep:
    St Andrews - acknowledged
    Edinburgh - acknowledged
    Aberdeen - acknowledged
    Glasgow - unconditional

Got my unconditional from glasgow a few days after applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel1993)
    Has anyone heard from Aberdeen University for accounting and finance?
    nope, still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CT_Scan)
    nope, still waiting.
    Thats okay then, seems like aberdeen and edinburgh are taking ages

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from Heriot-watt & Robert Gordon, nothing from Aberdeen, but I dont care if I get rejected from there :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel1993)
    Thats okay then, seems like aberdeen and edinburgh are taking ages
    Where else did you apply for, if you don't mind me asking .

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional from Glasgow - really pleased but still waiting to hear from Aberdeen, Edin & St A. My friend didn't hear from St A last year until the 28th of March, and it was a rejection I really hope they are faster at replying this year . . .

Applying for art history & English literature, and I don't really know where is my preferred choice. Probably a good thing as Edin etc are quite likely to turn me down!
    Anyway, good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for Aberdeen and Stirling - I have acknowledgments but no offers
    Aberdeen keeps sending me emails and letters which is slightly irritating... thought they were meant to do that after an offer? :rolleyes:
    Hoping on an offer for Stirling so much though! I would rather like it to be my insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CT_Scan)
    Where else did you apply for, if you don't mind me asking .
    Umm, Glasgow, Stirling and Strathclyde but I was hoping to go to either edinburgh or glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting really impatient Both Stirling and Dundee are my only possible insurances! I got an email from Dundee a while ago saying they wont be looking at applications until 1st of Feb, so today I've been hoping for an email from ucas!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Aberdeen. Although the likelihood of me going there is very small indeed.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends got a conditional offer from Aberdeen from some kind of nutrition or health course last week so they have started giving out offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    ****....the give acknowledgments? wen do the give those out? i was waiting for a unconditional or rejection (probley rejection now). If they havent even 'acknowledged' my applicantion at this stage they can go **** themselves.
    I got a letter from both Universities, I sent mine wayy back they may not be sending out acknowledgements when they have a lot of applications coming through.
    I wouldn't worry, they don't really mean much as I got acknowledgements ages ago and still nothing (same with the non-Scottish ones). Also my course isn't really popular...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellie220)
    I got a letter from both Universities, I sent mine wayy back they may not be sending out acknowledgements when they have a lot of applications coming through.
    I wouldn't worry, they don't really mean much as I got acknowledgements ages ago and still nothing (same with the non-Scottish ones). Also my course isn't really popular...
    actually they did send a letter, but i hadnt seen it until after i posted. i was away for 3months and hada bunch of mail 2 go through.

though i dnt expect to hear from them anytime soon, i heard they look at the scottish ones first then every1 else. and with my 12unit btec i dnt think il get in, starting 2 regret wasting a choice on this one.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received any conditional offers from stiling to do marketing? or any conditional offers from stirling at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jstrachan)
    Has anybody received any conditional offers from stiling to do marketing? or any conditional offers from stirling at all?
    As far as i'm aware of nobody has received a conditional for Stirling yet , really hoping for a conditional from here for a possible insurance

ReputationRep:
    I received a conditional offer from Stirling earlier today. I applied for their sports studies course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martin the Viking)
    I received a conditional offer from Stirling earlier today. I applied for their sports studies course.
    Congrats ! they must be starting to give out conditionals now then thank god lol

ReputationRep:
    Two of my friends got unconditionals to Abertay tonight so that's a good sign for anyone applying for there I guess

ReputationRep:
    Waiting on Aberdeen, St Andrews and Edinburgh for History. Was really hoping for an offer before my prelims started so I could fail them in peace. (Though hopefully I won't haha)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.