Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you think youre cooler than other people? Watch

Plenty of "cool" people are total tossers, so I don't think you should use it as any kind of metric.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by damos92)
      Some people i am, some people i am not. Depends on what specific people think is cool.

Is being strong cool? If so, i have the edge over say, someone who doesn't gym it but a regular down at fitness first is cooler than me.

Is being smart cool? If so, i have the edge over someone whose GCSEs spelt out the name of the US record label before the name 'jam' but a degree holder with a first is cooler than me.

Subjectivity plays a part in establishing what is cool.
      Someone I knew made a perfect FUDGED.

ReputationRep:
      You think you're cooler than me?

Well you're not...

ReputationRep:
      im not gona lie but i know i am better looking than most men

ReputationRep:
      I think I'm cooler than you, in fact I even have designer shades just to hide my face.

/shameful post

ReputationRep:
      standard nerd look, listens to metal, does a degree in philosophy, unfit, doesn't do any sports, watches cricket way too much. I am obviously cooler than everyone else in the world!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Arekkusu)
      Someone I knew made a perfect FUDGED.
      Props to dumb ass.

ReputationRep:
      When I'm dressed up (eyebrows, make-up, hot dress, cute hair etc) I feel pretty, not cooler than everyone else, but like I've got the confidence that I'm generally lacking as a person (people have more respect for you when you look beautiful - that's what I've noticed).

So to answer your question, no I don't, unless being confident = being cool.

ReputationRep:
      After doing a crazy Leeroy Thornhill-style rave dance and slipping over in front of everyone due to the slippery floor at a recent fancy dress party, I think any possibilities of me being cooler than most other people are slim.

My costume was 'late 60s hippie', mind you. So hopefully that redeems my coolness a little bit.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by word2yamother)
      Are you scared of being rejected because thats usually my reason
      Hate to admit it but it probably is. Its just that Iv'e never been rejected yet nor dumped so I'm cautious. Don't usually make moves until I know the other person is interested.

Things will change soon though. Lifes passing us by mate, we need to just jump right in and not give a **** what happens.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Asha5692)
      When I'm dressed up (eyebrows, make-up, hot dress, cute hair etc) I feel pretty, not cooler than everyone else, but like I've got the confidence that I'm generally lacking as a person (people have more respect for you when you look beautiful - that's what I've noticed).

So to answer your question, no I don't, unless being confident = being cool.
      But you're ugly LMAO

black goat

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Amuroray)
      But you're ugly LMAO

black goat
      I appreciate your opinion, but I completely disagree with you.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by word2yamother)
      I was listening to mike posner - cooler than me and noticed how much some bits of the song apply to me. Im not a girl but usually i would walk down the street like im cooler than everyone else and not giving girls the time of day or even a second look. Clearly this approach is not working as ive been single for a long time. Its not that i think im better than anyone its just that im extremely anxious around girls and pretend to be confident to the point where i act like i dont notice them. Is anyone out there the same?
      Hey who am I to judge? Only God can judge me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Asha5692)
      I appreciate your opinion, but I completely disagree with you.
      Ignore him. He is always trolling.

I think you're really pretty.

ReputationRep:
      I was actually too cool for my local schooling establishment. True story.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lonely14)
      Ignore him. He is always trolling.

I think you're really pretty.
      Thanks a lot

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.