Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that, will give a call next week. She is not back to Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody! I have an interview in two weeks time for a Primary PGCE Early Years.
    I need help ...
    Does someone already had an interview for PGCE Early Years Primary?
    How was the interview?
    What kind of questions I can expect? It was difficult?
    Please, I need any help.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Re: Primary PGCE interview London Metropolitan.
    Hi everybody! I have an interview in two weeks time for a Primary PGCE Early Years.
    I need help ...
    How was the interview?
    Please, I need any help.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Re: Primary PGCE interview London Metropolitan.
    I need help/any advice ...
    How was the interview?
    Please, I need any help.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I got a place for the Early Years at London Met.

Are you having a individual interview or group discussion?

Give me your email address and I will try to help.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, has anyone heard back yet? I've read people have contacted the university but have you heard from them?

ReputationRep:
    I've now got a confirmed conditional place for primary (5-11). Got an e-mail today with details about the CRB, health form etc. Costs are a bit steep.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same here, I got the email from GTTR the other day then the email today from the university which is great!

Luke

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, see you in September I suppose!

Josh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, should well do! Can't wait to start to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everybody,
    How was the interview? How was the group interview? How was the english&maths test?
    Any advice? Pls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nolefan)
    Yeah, should well do! Can't wait to start to be honest!
    Neither can I!!

Pablo_1: At my interview there were both Primary and Early Years applicants so I would geuss that the general overview is the same. The interview consists of a group interview (there were between 6-7 in mine) in which is basically a led discussion, you may have been asked to bring an article on current issues in education, read this and make sure you are aware of the context of it. It is worth being aware of the most recent developments in primary education. The English test was a written task, at my interview we had an hour to write about a current issue in education and its implications on primary/early years teaching in Inner London. The maths test is also an hour long and is not to bad. It is below GCSE (we were told) as long as you revise the basics (KS3) you should be fine. You may also be sent some pre-reading, make sure you read it twice, you will be asked questions on it.

I hope this helps, most of all remember to be yourself and to relax, that way your personality and how you will be as a teacher will come through more.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccloskey_l)

Thanks
    Hey,

My e-mail address is: [email protected]

I will be so happy for your help and any advice...

Thanks in advance!
    Pablo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frosty)
    Neither can I!!

Pablo_1: At my interview there were both Primary and Early Years applicants so I would geuss that the general overview is the same. The interview consists of a group interview (there were between 6-7 in mine) in which is basically a led discussion, you may have been asked to bring an article on current issues in education, read this and make sure you are aware of the context of it. It is worth being aware of the most recent developments in primary education. The English test was a written task, at my interview we had an hour to write about a current issue in education and its implications on primary/early years teaching in Inner London. The maths test is also an hour long and is not to bad. It is below GCSE (we were told) as long as you revise the basics (KS3) you should be fine. You may also be sent some pre-reading, make sure you read it twice, you will be asked questions on it.

I hope this helps, most of all remember to be yourself and to relax, that way your personality and how you will be as a teacher will come through more.

Josh
    Thank You!

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Hey,

I will have a group discussion...

Thank you!
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know how many places are available on the London met PGCE primary&early years course? I heard a rumour at interview it was just 30 places, which really doesn't raise my hopes at all!!
    Thanks for any help,
    C

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please help me. I have an interview at londonmet pgce primary... Got email for interview on Friday 20th for interview on Wednesday 25th..!!

Can anyone tell me what the written test and group interview consists of..?

Many thanks
    Yasmin

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Hi
    I was wondering if any support and heads up can be given to me - I have my interview for London Met next week.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    What was the interview like?

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    I have an interview next week, what questions did they ask you? What was the group task? And what is the writer task?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.