The Student Room Group

Models at uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Charlski
And the thousands of people who have jobs/kids/whatever whilst at uni don't also have busy, hectic lives?

yeah im sure they do but they arent models so they can have their own thread?
Reply 21
Original post by Babycakes Barbie
fashion how about u?

mostly fashion :smile: :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by WhuTom
Hey this is a thread for all the shallow materialistic people at uni where we can put ourselves above others while laughing and looking down upon the uglies! :smile:

:facepalm:

ummm not really but i think you should work on ur insecurities a bit more? stereotypes are confining x
Reply 23
Yeah, all the manual workers might have something in common to discuss, like the best type of screwdriver to use, or the best cement mix, or the best price for a product. But what can you really talk about on here? The best way to pull a footballer? The best way to not dribble when you talk because your brain doesn't naturally do it for you because it's so dull, or the best way to act in a way which best makes everyone around you feel inferior...

Actually, you are right, a thread for you probably would be useful...
Original post by rugbygreg
I'm an underwear model.

I'm a condom model

pooow
Reply 25
lol i cant believe someone made this thread, how gay...
Reply 26
Original post by tablelamp
yeah im sure they do but they arent models so they can have their own thread?

Absolutely, but you seem to be missing the point of my comment.

I shall re-iterate it for you. Your life is no harder (and is quite frankly probably a lot easier) than a LOT of other peoples'. Re-read the comment you left and try to see just how you sound to other people. See what I'm trying to say?
Reply 27
Original post by Charlski
Absolutely, but you seem to be missing the point of my comment.

I shall re-iterate it for you. Your life is no harder (and is quite frankly probably a lot easier) than a LOT of other peoples'. Re-read the comment you left and try to see just how you sound to other people. See what I'm trying to say?

Nah you don't know them. Sometimes, their makup might smudge a little, or they might see a poor African on the TV and cry for 30 minutes in some form of "I'll feel better about my lack of ability to help anyone if I cry for a while". Much harder than people who have things to actually deal with.
This thread makes me chunder everywhere. Which is good if you want to be a model. Thanks, OP.
Reply 29
Original post by tablelamp
hey guys im not sure what people are getting angry about! like this isnt a place to be horrible its just a place where people who have something in common can get together! im not taking anything away from manual labour workers or trying to say models work harder than other people its just like a common ground thread... calm down! x

i do a 45 hour week at work every week and once a week i have an 11 hour day at uni. this is all before i sit down and get to write and assignment. i also go to the gym 3 days a week, id love to go more but i dont have time to do that eat and sleep everyday whilst at uni. and your complaining because you get paid to go there... o.O

wow, i was kind of hoping atleast 1 model had somthing between there ears except abit of moss, maybe a mushroom and possible a dead spider. you really dont live in the real world. i have a few friends that do glamour modeling. they have more time than most the people i know. infact the only people i know that have more time, are those sat at home on the doll.

I am very sorry you have a hectic time with the gym, a few hours study, possibly even enough time to squeeze in a cheecky pint all before you intensive make-up routines, moisturising, beautysleep and low fat meals...

i wish my days where filled with such grueling activity as to understand why its so bad. you lil work-a-holic you...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Dogatonic
This thread makes me chunder everywhere. Which is good if you want to be a model. Thanks, OP.

Don't you just love haters. As it has been said before “Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning”

Get a life!
Reply 31
Lol @ the posters in this thread.

If it were one of most other words besides "Models" in the title, there would be no problem. Working models do have busier lives than many other people, regardless of whether the case remains the same when their lives are compared to single moms, hard labourers etc.

(Tall poppy anyone?)

+-"Why have a thread for this?"

Why have a thread for mature students, footballers etc? Common interests don't apply here?

(I'm not a model)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by nescafe236
Don't you just love haters. As it has been said before “Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning”

Get a life!

I was one minute behind you. I know it may be a laughable concept when applied to models but prejudice is prejudice, no matter what the case.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by SuperGuy
I was one minute behind you. I know it may be a laughable concept when applied to models but prejudice is prejudice, no matter what the case.

Agreed.
Reply 34
I'm a food model, I dress up as a sunday roast, puddings, cakes etc. and have shoots done - I even played a stuffed turkey crown in an M&S advert a few months ago.
(thats me on the top right)

A lot of people say "Wouldn't it just be easier for photographers to use actual meals", and the fact is that it just doesn't work, its hard to explain to people that aren't in the industry
If she's genuinely not a creepy old man looking for young models, then she's only looking for someone to talk to before uni...Chill people.
Reply 36
Wimminz :sexface:
Original post by darigan
I'm a food model, I dress up as a sunday roast, puddings, cakes etc. and have shoots done - I even played a stuffed turkey crown in an M&S advert a few months ago.
(thats me on the top right)

A lot of people say "Wouldn't it just be easier for photographers to use actual meals", and the fact is that it just doesn't work, its hard to explain to people that aren't in the industry

:rofl: I would pos rep this a thousand times if I could.
Reply 38
BA Modelling Studies and BSc Modelling Make-up Studies here we come.
Reply 39
I want to try modelling, the problem is between my current job which I have no intention of leaving, schoolwork and swimming training I am fairly tight for time and I can't travel up to London constantly to do shoots. Then there is the obvious issue as to whether I fit the aesthetic requirements...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending