Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A child’s life needs to be GOVERNED and CONTROLLED Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountMancula)
    This is good to hear.
    Thankyou! It's annoying how many people are the "Jeremy Kyle people' though, and quite sad really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    The problem isn't with the children. It's with the parents who couldn't give a crap about them.
    Granted. But this would surely introduce a new generation into Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    What's wrong with that? I could talk from the age of one and I was reading books aimed at much older children at 5, and I was also learning about current affairs. I could write, and I had a more advanced vocabularly than most at that age.

The reason? My mother spent an awful lot of time teaching me to talk, read, write etc. If parents spend enough time with their children, it's perfectly reasonable to think they'll be able to do these things at 5.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I started reading and writing fromt the age of 2...walking and runnin with 9 months (yeh u read right)...I was told not to go to first grade cos itd be too boring for me and got admitted to 2nd grade instead...and my mum only gave me sticker books with letters...
    sadly not everyone is blessed with our exquisite intelligence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Thankyou! It's annoying how many people are the "Jeremy Kyle people' though, and quite sad really.
    Indeed! I had to get a bus today, and my god...some people.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed! I had to get a bus today, and my god...some people.
    Omg, I hate public transport, it's full of them isn't it! At my old school there were a few, and they stole £100 worth of stuff out of my bag, and smashed it, for no reason! The audacity of these foul beings is astounding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    It's a fictional book. If you take fiction as fact, then that's a different problem alltogether.
    for a 5 year old kid...that is a very thin almost invisible line. But yes, in the end it is a parents job to make them see that...5 years old is still too young. I mean some not so bright kids believe santa really exists until they are 10 or even 11. again...not every kids a genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I started reading and writing fromt the age of 2...walking and runnin with 9 months (yeh u read right)...I was told not to go to first grade cos itd be too boring for me and got admitted to 2nd grade instead...and my mum only gave me sticker books with letters...
    sadly not everyone is blessed with our exquisite intelligence...
    I do understand that not everyone has the same natural capabilities, but if the parents spent more time with their children, instead of sticking them in front of a television (as some do), they would learn to read and write much quicker than they do currently.

ReputationRep:
    Force feeding children culture will not work. So isty needs to evolve and should not be nostalgic in nature, there needs to be a clear cut choice and bettering oneself can only be done most efficiently through oneself. A child who does not enjoy this will grow an immense distaste for it and thus will rebel further.

What is needed is a firm sense of discipline in schools but at the same time, a more nurturing type of education. The primary part of education is about teaching the child about the world, some will take to it, some will not. Some will find joy in it and others won't.

I also find your stereotyping annoying. What is wrong with listening to a certain type of music? It's subjective, I might aswell berate you for your choice of favourite colour. I like a good bit of led Zeppelin turned up so loud my ear drums will probably explode any day, but you know what? That doesn't make me an uncultured person, if anything it makes you seem more uncultured because of your inherent lack of understanding.

It's like video games, for some reason people are under the delusion video ages cause violence. But that isn't true, the factors surrounding why the child causes violence should be paid attention to, not the easiest target in the room.

Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keckers)
    The problem isn't with the children. It's with the parents who couldn't give a crap about them.
    This!

You cant force a child to do something they dont want to do, you have to make them want to do it. Making sure children have the right role models, not only in the media, but in reality as well is important

ReputationRep:
    No, you seem to be missing the point. Mathematics = school. This is OUTSIDE of school in an attempt to add more class, respect and knowledge to children.
    Well, I started learning Maths at the age of 3... and continued doing vast amounts of work outside of school until I hit senior. At the same time as reading. A lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I do understand that not everyone has the same natural capabilities, but if the parents spent more time with their children, instead of sticking them in front of a television (as some do), they would learn to read and write much quicker than they do currently.
    I completely agree...

I Also have to stress this as well... people need to start articulating words and learning some proper grammar. Cos you can know all the history of britain and still say something like "Iv not done nuffin"...it just makes me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Omg, I hate public transport, it's full of them isn't it! At my old school there were a few, and they stole £100 worth of stuff out of my bag, and smashed it, for no reason! The audacity of these foul beings is astounding.
    Wow, that sucks! :mad:

(Original post by Ocassus)
    Force feeding children culture will not work. So isty needs to evolve and should not be nostalgic in nature, there needs to be a clear cut choice and bettering oneself can only be done most efficiently through oneself. A child who does not enjoy this will grow an immense distaste for it and thus will rebel further.

What is needed is a firm sense of discipline in schools but at the same time, a more nurturing type of education. The primary part of education is about teaching the child about the world, some will take to it, some will not. Some will find joy in it and others won't.

I also find your stereotyping annoying. What is wrong with listening to a certain type of music? It's subjective, I might aswell berate you for your choice of favourite colour. I like a good bit of led Zeppelin turned up so loud my ear drums will probably explode any day, but you know what? That doesn't make me an uncultured person, if anything it makes you seem more uncultured because of your inherent lack of understanding.

It's like video games, for some reason people are under the delusion video ages cause violence. But that isn't true, the factors surrounding why the child causes violence should be paid attention to, not the easiest target in the room.

Rant over.
    "What is wrong with listening to a certain type of music?" I said nothing about music. I listen to all sorts.

ReputationRep:
    do you support bnp by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    I completely agree...

I Also have to stress this as well... people need to start articulating words and learning some proper grammar. Cos you can know all the history of britain and still say something like "Iv not done nuffin"...it just makes me cringe.
    I know exactly what you mean, I have the uncontrollable urge to correct people when they type like that lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    I completely agree...

wht is wrong wid typin like dat?

ReputationRep:
    wht is wrong wid typin like dat?
    haha not too bothered about the typing..bothers me when ppl talk llike dat..in real life.. as in "oi miss i fink yo are * "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_muneeb_x)
    do you support bnp by any chance?
    Ummm, no. I would like to set up my own political party, though. Interested?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that sucks! :mad:
    I know, and they didn't pay me back. We had to replace it from our own money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Then support political initiatives that allow parents to do this. This just isn't possible for an awful lot of families.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    haha not too bothered about the typing..bothers me when ppl talk llike dat..in real life..
    Ah rite i see were u come frm now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.