Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much to spend on gf for xmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    Man everytime I see your comments it makes me smile. I'm gonna give you a good rating for this .
    gd 2 hear frm a brotha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    You can't go wrong with a pearl necklace. :nah:

Already got her a necklace couple weeks ago. Nothing too fancy just a silver and cubic zirconia heart pendant on silver chain. Just because she paid for a hotel we stayed in.
    So i cant really get another necklace :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeyg)
    £320 blud u are such a tool!!! thats like 6 weeks job seekers! respect 2 da fam but u need to get them out of expectin tht ur their personal bank account! lay down some ground rules ASAP
    As I respect you I will take your advice in the future. You speak sense. You also sort of sound gangsta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    I guess she is right, but i dont want to spend say £40, if she goes out and spends £100 on me, i'd feel bad.
    Open your present from her first so you can see what it is, and then if she has spent more on you than you did her, when she opens her present you could always tell her that you've got her another present but you ordered it online and it didnt turn up on time and start complaining about the company and how annoyed you are about it. then just go and buy her another thing after christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Well my boyfriend and I originally agreed on a £15 limit on eachother (we are VERY skint) but I've actually spent closer to the £50 mark.

The pearl necklace thing - I don't think the poster meant an actual necklace

ReputationRep:
    I think £20 sounds reasonable but people on here seem to think that's low

I don't know what to get my bf now...

ReputationRep:
    its the thought that counts.. as long as its not completely tacky or trash you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I think £20 sounds reasonable but people on here seem to think that's low

I don't know what to get my bf now...
    Do you think it is bad to get the same present as you got an ex for christmas?
    its just that there is something really good that i got my ex which my gf would also love...

ReputationRep:
    Already got her a necklace couple weeks ago. Nothing too fancy just a silver and cubic zirconia heart pendant on silver chain. Just because she paid for a hotel we stayed in.
    lol i don't think that's the kind of necklace they're referring too, i think they mean something homemade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    lol i don't think that's the kind of necklace they're referring too, i think they mean something homemade
    Exactly. It's the thought that counts. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Even if we had a price limit I'd probably go a bit over anyway lol.
    As long as it's nice, and something that she wants, I don't think the price of it should matter. Would definitely limit on £100 though. If you want to spend more, save it for your anniversary, because I personally don't value Christmas as much as that.

PS: If you spent loads on her and she hardly spent anything on you, I think she would feel worse than you might feel :P At least I know I would feel horrible. I would be happy if my spouse spent less than me.

its just that there is something really good that i got my ex which my gf would also love...
    It's not bad unless it makes you think of your ex whenever you see it.

Man.. get her something because you want her to be happy lol. Not just because she paid for a hotel so it's your turn now (which is what it kinda sounds like). You can still get her another necklace if she likes necklaces.

ReputationRep:
    No. Why would your gf even know you gave it to an ex too?

ReputationRep:
    Just spend what you can, look at how much money you have and think about a sensible figure.

ReputationRep:
    You ever seen the Big bang theory episode where Sheldon buys multiple presents for Penny ?

Then he opens his present from her and gives her a/multiple presents to match the value.

So buy a variety of presents and when you open hers give her some that match. If you have any left over then there is always her birthday

ReputationRep:
    Spend it in bed

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies.
    I think ill get her a load of small gifts for now, think ill spend £50-£60ish

ReputationRep:
    My Bf and I have agreed on around the £20 mark each, which i think is reasonable It's not all about price though, if you go for something that shows you've really put some thought into then that's just as nice, if not more so, than a more expensive present that took no thought.

ReputationRep:
    Spend as much as you want (I'd say around £80-£100). I recommend that you buy her an item of jewellery.

ReputationRep:
    Its true that it shouldn't matter, just get her the things you want and she shouldn't care if you spent less cos its true, its not about the pricetag.

I've spend about £60 on my boyfriend (we've been going out 9 months), if that helps at all. But really I've only spent that cos that is how much the stuff I wanted to get him cost. So really, there is no point worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Spend around £80, but get her something meaningful
    or make her something.. or make one of them sex cheques (Not 'I owe you the right to give me head whenever you want' cheques though) :L

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.