Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student-teacher relationship Watch

ReputationRep:
    do you want him to lose his job?

act like a cold stone and stay away from him. a teacher student relationship is a professional one. make sure it stays that way.

find someone your own age.

(Original post by kohler)
    do you want him to lose his job?

act like a cold stone and stay away from him. a teacher student relationship is a professional one. make sure it stays that way.

find someone your own age.
    Of course I don't.
    I agree with you, utterly, but it's a bit ideal. Feelings don't just switch off like a tap. I won't ever initiate anything but I would find it hard to "act like a cold stone" - what's wrong with knowing you like someone so long as you don't act on it? It's not as though I'm a little kid and him some seedy old man. But obviously this attraction was doomed from the start so I will have to wait it out, as another poster advised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Of course I don't.
    I agree with you, utterly, but it's a bit ideal. Feelings don't just switch off like a tap. I won't ever initiate anything but I would find it hard to "act like a cold stone" - what's wrong with knowing you like someone so long as you don't act on it? It's not as though I'm a little kid and him some seedy old man. But obviously this attraction was doomed from the start so I will have to wait it out, as another poster advised.
    No-one is accusing you of being a little kid, and certainly there is nothing wrong with having feelings for somebody. Its only natural,

but.......

imagine this, you or he acts on your feelings and the whole school finds out. the teacher loses his job, and everyone thinks you are......well..... a less than reputable woman. can you imagine the embarrassment you would feel, nevermind how your close friends and family would feel?

he is wrong to be looking at you like he is. very unprofessional. you are a student and his only responsibility is that you are educated and able to do so in a safe environment.

my apologies for sounding so cold. i wish you well.

ReputationRep:
    Straight out of Waterloo road, several stories from Waterloo road actually. And just about every other high school drama

Just, don't actually try to start anything, in the real world it almost never ends well. He'll probably get fired, sued maybe, you'll get a bad reputation etc among possible other complications, if you do it and get find out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    You obviously make too much threads.

I thought this one was pathetic enough, but wow.
    Too many*

:2euk48l:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dogatonic)
    Every time you see him, repeat "gay, gay, gay, gay, gay" in your head. After a while you'll start half believing that he's gay. It's the only way I manage to get through lessons with my absolutely gorgeous philosophy teacher without getting distracted.
    This made me laugh so much. We had a gorgeous maths student teacher once and I made the actions if grabbing his bum behind him (didnt ACTUALLY do it ) but he turned around and saw...oh the shame..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieRayner)
    Too many*

:2euk48l:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't see how too much doesn't work in that sentence. Spend some time on TSR and suddenly everyone's an English Teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 17, almost eighteen and he is in his early twenties. He's not actually my teacher, but he did teach me for a while last year.

To start off, we do not have a relationship. But I believe he is attracted to me and I'm attracted to him. I realise nothing can ever, ever happen about it, and if he were ever to act on it I would lose all respect for him, but saying that doesn't make the problem go away.

I think about him all the time. The worst part is I know it's completely pointless. I try to block him out of my mind but he's around a lot and he's always so nice to me. Every time he walks past he smiles at me and asks me how I am, which is awkward when you're passing each other on a stairwell, and when we're in a room full of people he's always looking at me. I can't be sure he likes me in that way but w/o a doubt he treats me differently to other students - he's much more chatty, smiley.

I suppose it's completely natural because he's not much older than me but obviously nothing could happen - I just want to stop being attracted to him, but how can I do this?
    Do something with him after uni??

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't see how too much doesn't work in that sentence. Spend some time on TSR and suddenly everyone's an English Teacher.
    Here's a little lesson then;

If a noun is in singular, we use much
    Example: much money

If a noun is in plural, we use many
    Example: many friends/threads!

:mrt: Fool.

ReputationRep:

:mrt: Fool.

ReputationRep:
    Soz.

:gfight:

ReputationRep:
    Soz.

:gfight:
    Already forgotten. :five:

ReputationRep:
    Already forgotten. :five:
    Yay :ahee:

Was on a bit o' a grammar roll, how annoying of me

ReputationRep:
    Yay :ahee:

Was on a bit o' a grammar roll, how annoying of me
    Lol I was just joking it didn't bother me really.

It's TSR, some people are always looking for grammar correction.

It's made me very conscious of how I go about using "your" and "you're" lol.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I was just joking it didn't bother me really.

It's TSR, some people are always looking for grammar correction.

It's made me very conscious of how I go about using "your" and "you're" lol.
    Haha, probably learn more about' grammar on here than in school tbh!

That one particularly annoys me, don't know why

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.