Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheap car insurance.. Here's a CHEAT. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biker_boy_chris)
    No, What I mean Is At the moment I have a PROVISIONAL liscence.

Insurance for me is easily 3k for a old-as s SUPER HIGH milage 1.0Ltr TPFT car, I have no idea how other people are getting good prices. If I insure my car under a provisional liscence policy, and then pass my test, Obviously I would need to inform the insurer, but then they cant just charge me the extra cash once the policy is already paid for.. can they?
    They can and will.

Once you get your first years no claims it will go down massively. Mine went from £1800 (paid monthly) for third party, fire and theft on a 1.2 Corsa down to £750 for fully comprehensive, all on my own policy with me as the registered keeper. Less than half price for much more cover. The first year is just a bullet you have to bite.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
      Your information is entirely useless for anyone who's actually passed their driving test, and wants to have valid insurance.
      Exactly- i couldnt have said it much better myself. Why bother paying out £1000+ for insurance that isnt worth the paper its written on??

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FXX)
      Once you get your first years no claims it will go down massively. Mine went from £1800 (paid monthly) for third party, fire and theft on a 1.2 Corsa down to £750 for fully comprehensive, all on my own policy with me as the registered keeper. Less than half price for much more cover. The first year is just a bullet you have to bite.
      Yeah- just pay for (valid) insurance for your first year- then once you get a years no claims and can prove you arent going to wrap your car round the 1st tree you come to- then you can start thinking about cheaper car insurance.

ReputationRep:
      Insurance for a provisional driver costing you over £1k?!

Hahaha, I got mine for £400 :sexface:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by psychocustard)
      Insurance for a provisional driver costing you over £1k?!

Hahaha, I got mine for £400 :sexface:
      You're a girl, and therefore statistically less likely to drive to, around, and into everything at 100mph.

On an unrelated note, I love your sig. Might have said that before, but oh well. I still love it.

ReputationRep:
      You're a girl, and therefore statistically less likely to drive to, around, and into everything at 100mph.

On an unrelated note, I love your sig. Might have said that before, but oh well. I still love it.
      Ah, statistically yes, but I once accidentally got up to 95mph on the way back from Swansea whilst my mum dozed in the passenger seat. Oopsie :p:

And thank you ^_^

ReputationRep:
      Ah, statistically yes, but I once accidentally got up to 95mph on the way back from Swansea whilst my mum dozed in the passenger seat. Oopsie :p:

And thank you ^_^

But if you were male, it wouldn't have been "once", it certainly wouldn't be "accidentally", and it would probably be more than 95mph. At least that's what insurers seem to expect. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      It concerns me that you supposedly have the faculties required to control/drive a vehicle.

ReputationRep:
      But if you were male, it wouldn't have been "once", it certainly wouldn't be "accidentally", and it would probably be more than 95mph. At least that's what insurers seem to expect. :rolleyes:
      I don't think it's really fair that boys are expected to pay double what us females do (just because we were given a vagina instead of a scrotum ffs)... Though that said, my best friend (a bloke) does drive like a **** just to show off at times.

I can park better than him though, and I've not passed :ninja:

ReputationRep:
      I don't think it's really fair that boys are expected to pay double what us females do (just because we were given a vagina instead of a scrotum ffs)...
      It's perfectly fair. We crash more. I crashed once a couple of years ago (just a low speed shunt, not a big one) so I can't really complain about it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      It's perfectly fair. We crash more. I crashed once a couple of years ago (just a low speed shunt, not a big one) so I can't really complain about it. :rolleyes:
      Well, if you're going to be ok about it, I suppose I can bring myself to be too... :p:

ReputationRep:
      Thanks OP! This thread cheered me up big time. Especially the part where you said "they can't charge me extra, can they?!"

You just have to bend over and take it from the insurance companies. It does get better, though, sort-of.

For me (if I can recall correctly) it was:

Year 1 (I'm 17)

Brand Spanking New Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 "Stripes" Group 2 car, slow as hell - £1400

Year 2 (I'm 18)

Two Year old Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI - Remapped to 140BHP (£1340) <--- Bearing in mind that car is a hell of a lot quicker.

I kept it a while and my insurance renewal this year was £1346, but I now drive a 2007 Seat Leon 2.0 TDI Sport remapped to 180BHP so it's too bad a price for a quite nippy car at the age of 20.

Next year I'm hoping to get something quick because I'll be 21. Woohoo!

ReputationRep:
      How is this even a cheat its what you're supposed to do, why would you insure yourself on a full licence when you dont have one :/

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PhilMc)

For me (if I can recall correctly) it was:

Year 1 (I'm 17)

Brand Spanking New Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 "Stripes" Group 2 car, slow as hell - £1400

What company did you go with? Because On my own I cant find ANY CAR under 2k. Insurance)

ReputationRep:
      What company did you go with? Because On my own I cant find ANY CAR under 2k. Insurance)
      Quinn Direct

ReputationRep:
      i'm 19 and insured on this. all for £70 a year. i'm with A plans multi car policy.

:yep:

ReputationRep:
      Quinndirect:

TPFT Insurance

1.1Ltr Citroen C2

18 y.o Male

£5.912.43

o-o

ReputationRep:
      Quinndirect:

TPFT Insurance

1.1Ltr Citroen C2

18 y.o Male

£5.912.43

o-o
      do not go with quinn.

ReputationRep:
      Quinndirect:

Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 2006 Model

Third Party Fire And Theft

£5909.97 . . . . .

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG -.- :/ *sigh*

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.