Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you eat on Christmas day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    2 christmas dinners, the perks of split parents!

Edit: Negged for what reason ? Seriously sad people on here...

ReputationRep:
    Christmas dinner has turkey, stuffing (sage and onion iirc), pigs in blankets, yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, parsnips, peas, carrots, brussel sprouts, gravy, bread sauce, cranberry sauce and cranberry jelly usually. I don't have the cranberry sauce or jelly though. :o:

Dessert is christmas pudding and custard. :yum:

OMG 10 days, can't wait for it again. Been waiting a whole year for this. :nutcase::sogood:

ReputationRep:
    pain inducing quantities of everything

ReputationRep:
    It's turkey for me. I'm a stickler for tradition

ReputationRep:
    No starters for us usually xmas day...

Main: salmon with new potatoes and what ever veg seems suitable...usually changes!
    We have our turkey dinner christmas eve as we have danish grandparents, and traditionally they used to eat their main xmas meal and open presents on christmas eve. So, not to be repetitive, we have salmon the next day. Yum.

Oh and christmas pudding for desert. But I hate the stuff so normally chocolate sponge for me!

ReputationRep:
    It's just a normal dinner for me.
    It's just an ordinary day but with lots of food in the table.
    I like my christmas days when i was a kid, today is just a crappy day socializing with some of my stepdads family.
    Usually, we have potatoes, chicken, pasta, mac&cheese and some pastries.
    And whilst waiting for food all of them are watching the stupid football!!! :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    This year we're having venison as the main meal, due to one preferring chicken over turkey, another disliking [verging on hate, tbh] turkey, another liking turkey and the other's preference being fresh salmon - who has ****ing salmon on christmas day as a main? You English are weird.

However, I don't think I shall appreciate any of it due to the fact I'm working from this thursday right through to next thursday, eight ten-hour night shifts in a row. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    About 11am: chocolate coins and a satsuma (my stocking )
    Lunchtime: melon, chicken soup with lochshen and kneidlach (multiculturalism ftw ), turkey, quorn roast (I'm veggie), potatoes, parsnips, carrots, yorkshire puds, pickled jewcumbers, trifle, Christmas pudding, mince pies, Ben and Jerry's, fruit salad
    Late evening: cheese and biscuits, a big assortment of Jewfood (beigels, salt beef, latkas etc), olives, Kettle Chips, smoked salmon, egg, potato salad, coleslaw...more desserts
    All day: honey roasted nuts, chocolates

ReputationRep:
    everything in the house, literally stuff it all in til i feel sick.
    then rest for a bit, and stuff it all in again.
    oh man i love christmas!! so exciteeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothestrand)
    An insane amount of chocolate, pretzels, cheese snack things and crisps.
    Then dinner (no starter) - duck cos my mum hates turkey, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, swede, sprouts, peas, pigs in blankets and A LOT of stuffing cos it's the best part. All washed down with several bottles of wine.
    No-one in my family (well, me, my mum and her boyfriend) like Christmas pudding so we have free fruit pie pilfered from the bakery I work at :awesome:
    Then a repeat of the morning's chocolate consumption, with various other types of liqour.
    I read that as a fruit free pie, and was thinking so basically some pastry then... lol

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast is Buck's Fizz and smoken salmon with scrambled eggs
    Throughout the morning we graze on wine and little nibbly things/ grapes
    Starter is some form of salady thing (I know, salad on Christmas Day, utterly preposterous)
    Main meal is turkey, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, carrots, peas, broccoli, sprouts with pancetta and chestnuts, parsnips and sometimes swede
    Pudding is the odd bit of yule log or a mince pie if anyone isn't in a food coma
    Evening is little scraps of turkey with bread, cheese and wine (and chocolate, obviously)

This year I have Crabbies ginger beer too

ReputationRep:
    Well, for breakfast it's ALWAYS a sausage sandwich after present opening. ALWAYS.

Then the usual christmas dinner with TURKEY.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.