Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Paco Rabanne - One million :sexface:

:adore:

I agree, I think they try to make fragrance adverts more obscure and artistic than the one before. I mean, some of them really are just pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onyx.)
    :adore:

I agree, I think they try to make fragrance adverts more obscure and artistic than the one before. I mean, some of them really are just pointless.
    Thierry Mugler - Star/angel whatever is just a pointless one

You can't get enough of Paco Rabanne :sexface: All the girls want the guy in his video :sexface:

(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Thierry Mugler - Star/angel whatever is just a pointless one

You can't get enough of Paco Rabanne :sexface: All the girls want the guy in his video :sexface:
    I know... I've watched it so many times it's almost embarrassing. I just can't get enough :fan:

ReputationRep:
    The only advert that I can remember for any sort of scent or fragrance is this one:

http://www.vulva-original.com/gb/

And I only remember that because I initially thought it was a parody of perfume adverts :/

ReputationRep:
    no no no no no no! the advert puts an idea in your head of the kind of smell it is, by creating an image - whether its feeling sexy, confident, successful or just clean. youre drawn to a perfumes image which then makes you more open to liking the smell of it - dont tell me youve never liked a perfume just that little bit more because its got a nice bottle, or a nice name.

ReputationRep:
    I was discussing this with a friend a few days ago! They're pointless - how many people buy a perfume based on the fact that a hot person advertises it? They don't mention how it smells or anything relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Its attention grabbing, and it just worked.
    But if we don't buy the product...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    But if we don't buy the product...
    You still think about it, like IRL inception.

ReputationRep:
    I'm left feeling confused after watching a perfume ad i just don't know how they relate to the perfume

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieloves)
    no no no no no no! the advert puts an idea in your head of the kind of smell it is, by creating an image - whether its feeling sexy, confident, successful or just clean. youre drawn to a perfumes image which then makes you more open to liking the smell of it - dont tell me youve never liked a perfume just that little bit more because its got a nice bottle, or a nice name.
    I've never liked a perfume or aftershave just that little bit more because it comes in a nice bottle. I don't mind nice bottles, and I appreciate the effort gone into designing and making them, but it doesn't swing my purchase, because when I'm out, nobody's going to see the bottle; only the people who walk into my room will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    I've never liked a perfume or aftershave just that little bit more because it comes in a nice bottle. I don't mind nice bottles, and I appreciate the effort gone into designing and making them, but it doesn't swing my purchase, because when I'm out, nobody's going to see the bottle; only the people who walk into my room will.
    i think the whole point is it works on the subconscious - no-one in their right mind would buy a perfume based on the bottle, but it just contributes to the whole image of it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.