Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP: Predicted A*A*A but got Ds in my mocks. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just to give you a good tip, buy the cgp revision guides, they can speed up your revision alot with all the colourful diagrams, pictures and ofcourse the jokes
    But read the original book as well

ReputationRep:
    I got all C's in my History and Sociology mocks and then come the real exams i got A's so i wouldnt worry, just revise hard, (i think i need to start too ooops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Haha, chill, I'm predicted A*A*A*A*, got 22% in my M1 mock and 11% in my C3 mock. Just make sure you revise hard over Christmas; I know I need to
    How the hell can you get 11% in a C3 mock, you can get like 20-30% by just mathematically inspecting stuff and using C1/C2 knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizlaz350)
    Yes, it's possible :P Just make sure you're working!
    I agree. And mocks arent always accurate anyway. Just make sure you work hard.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the end of the world, I got an E in one of my mocks

ReputationRep:
    Gurrrl! I am right there with you! Dun worry, obviously do start HARDCORE revision over xmas, but mocks are always raw mark boundaries, not considering the lowered grade boundaries, I know that OCR bio is always about 66% for an A!

Mock grades are there to shock you, tbh I'd rather be in your situation than get 3 90%+ and then not work as hard, this will motivate you like CRAZY! especially because you feel like you've missed your target by so much. When you pull 3 all-nighters in a row and people will say "how are you not so tired??".
    Ya dun noe it's cos you got Ds in the mock and you're on course to getting them A*s!

As long as you make sure you're working to your potential, your teacehrs hve predicted you something that they think you will get, and I hope you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horatio-)
    Yes it's possible. And yes you will need to work hard. Mocks are usually a good indicator of your final grade anyway.
    Last year everyone in our class got <50% for our C2 mock.

Everyone came out with 85+ UMS which equated to about 75% raw marks

(Original post by Horatio-)
    But also remember. Neither are your predicted grades. Just because you were predicted high grades does not mean you will achieve them easily or at all. Not to be negative or anything but just don't get lazy!
    :yes: ^^ good advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?)
    I wouldn't worry. Mock results are rarely accurate. Just make sure you revise over the christmas holz and you will be fine
    Seconded! my predicted were A*'s but only received B's! :/ Definately not accurate enough :/

ReputationRep:
    Definately. But be prepared to work A LOT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Last year everyone in our class got <50% for our C2 mock.

Everyone came out with 85+ UMS which equated to about 75% raw marks

:yes: ^^ good advice!
    Forgot to add the word 'never'. My mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    How the hell can you get 11% in a C3 mock, you can get like 20-30% by just mathematically inspecting stuff and using C1/C2 knowledge.
    I don't giving a tiny rat's arse about Maths and I fall asleep in lessons which don't involve a game of some sort. That's how.

ReputationRep:
    No, your clearly an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I got around 27% in my mocks and had 96% in my actual exam a month later. This was for Math though. And I worked my ass off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    I don't giving a tiny rat's arse about Maths and I fall asleep in lessons which don't involve a game of some sort. That's how.
    Son am disappoint

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bahar_bp)
    Hey I am doing A2 bio, chem and maths. As most of you know the first set of exams are in January, I still haven’t started my revision (coz I’m an idiot) I did some mocks last week and got Ds. I really need to get A in my jan exams, do you guys think it would be possible if I worked really hard (day and night) to get grade A. I am not doing any AS retakes except for S1 but I’m not spending too much time on it my first exam is on the 24th I feel like crying and I really need to sort my self out so is it possible to move form D to A. Please give me some advice thank you in advance x
    I used to be in the same position. Most of the time i used to get D's for my mock tests. But i cam out with all A*'s, so don't worry about it and just work hard from now.

ReputationRep:
    Don't use the CGP books for any extensive revision. Always use past papers and the notes you were given in class. Memorise how they mark in the mark schemes, and write your answers like that. I did this and got AAAA two years ago.

(Original post by Don John)
      Don't use the CGP books for any extensive revision. Always use past papers and the notes you were given in class. Memorise how they mark in the mark schemes, and write your answers like that. I did this and got AAAA two years ago.
      I agree with this to an extent. I use the CGP for a long period of time but that's mainly because my teachers are awful I do agree fully on the past papers as some of the marks they give can only be remembered through experience and not from the textbooks.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.