Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahCrofts)
    I went to Heythrop on the open day, and thought it would be my first choice (for philosophy and psychology) before I went but going on the open day only made me want to go NOW! Haha
    I got to see almost all the the college and it i really beautiful and set in a really nice square!
    The halls were pretty nice and were definitely clean! Each 'flat' (8 floors) shares a bathroom with showers/loos, and then each room has its own sink/mirror. The rooms werent huge but had a realllly big window so were really light! We went up to the 8th floor and you could see all of kensington and hyde park so yeah, couldnt be more perfect!
    Also, the benefit of being on campus is you save so much on commute costs and because it is so small you could roll out of bed at 9:15 and be at your lecture for 9:30!
    Yeah i totally agree. It's deffo my first choice and I think Alban halls will probably be my choice too. I want to stay as close as I can, therefore reducing any costs of travel. (always a bonus). I totally can't wait!! I'm so excited.

We should start a heythrop freshers thread for 2011. not one yet!

Get it started early. LOL

- Si I'll be seeing you there!

ReputationRep:
    Oh hey
    I have an offer, going to visit it next month.

ReputationRep:
    I want to stay at alban too but there's only like 100 rooms aren't there? I can't believe how cheap they are too.. Correct me if I'm wrong but I read that they're only £145 a week? Considering you don't have to pay for travel and it's catered within the week isn't that quite good for London? (I'm from nottingham so I haven't a clue!)
    plus, saying you live in Kensington would be pretty impressive!

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend people apply for a place in the Alban Halls if they can. The price may seem expensive at first glance, but considering the money saved on transport, food and utilities it's a lot more reasonable, and they're downright cheap in comparison to the rest of the area (Heythrop's located in Kensington Square which is one of the most expensive areas to live in the UK usually, yay for £18 million houses. My mate rents a flat just off the high street that costs around £200 a week, which obviously doesn't include food or bills and suchlike). If you can't get a place there then Intercollegiate Halls are a good second choice, but definitely try Alban Halls first. It's a lot easier making friends when you live onsite as well. I can post up a couple of pictures of the rooms at some point if anyone on here would find it beneficial, need to tidy mine first though is a bit of a tip at the moment lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahGrace92)
    I want to stay at alban too but there's only like 100 rooms aren't there? I can't believe how cheap they are too.. Correct me if I'm wrong but I read that they're only £145 a week? Considering you don't have to pay for travel and it's catered within the week isn't that quite good for London? (I'm from nottingham so I haven't a clue!)
    plus, saying you live in Kensington would be pretty impressive!
    Yeh there aren't many rooms but on the open daythey said they rarely, if ever have to say no to first years for a room in Alban...
    You get pretty good meals to from the sound of things

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, congratulations on the offers
    I got my offer a few weeks ago, loved the collage- just waiting to see if kings are going to offer me anything if not, Heythrop here I come

ReputationRep:
    Yeh there aren't many rooms but on the open daythey said they rarely, if ever have to say no to first years for a room in Alban...
    You get pretty good meals to from the sound of things
    Oh that's good then. Have you got an offer? I haven't been to the college yet, just been reading up on it and it sounds really good. I'm going to the open day on the 7th. Have you actually been inside alban?

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's good then. Have you got an offer? I haven't been to the college yet, just been reading up on it and it sounds really good. I'm going to the open day on the 7th. Have you actually been inside alban?
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone,
    my name's Beth. Heythrop is my first choice
    they have offered me a conditional place for Abrahamic religions for 280 points.
    Visited the uni last year and loved it. It's location is awsome. In terms of the accomadation they said that pretty much everyone who applies for on site accomadation gets it
    Really hope I get the grades!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I got my offer today, in an RS lesson which just added tothe beauty of the moment! 280 points for Philosophy and Psychology.
    Yeah, i went in 2 of the "flats" we went up to the top of the halls and the rooms on the 8th floor have the msot increddddible views ever!
    They are quite small rooms but really nice. None are en suite, but each room has a sink. And then each flat has a little kitchen and then a room with a table in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NellGwynne)
    Yeah i totally agree. It's deffo my first choice and I think Alban halls will probably be my choice too. I want to stay as close as I can, therefore reducing any costs of travel. (always a bonus). I totally can't wait!! I'm so excited.

We should start a heythrop freshers thread for 2011. not one yet!

Get it started early. LOL

- Si I'll be seeing you there!
    I didnt want to tempt fate by saying yes to this too soon because i didnt have an offer until today! But now i have one so YAY!
    I dont suppose you are on facebook are you?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I got my offer today, in an RS lesson which just added tothe beauty of the moment! 280 points for Philosophy and Psychology.
    Yeah, i went in 2 of the "flats" we went up to the top of the halls and the rooms on the 8th floor have the msot increddddible views ever!
    They are quite small rooms but really nice. None are en suite, but each room has a sink. And then each flat has a little kitchen and then a room with a table in.
    Haha, must be a sign (: yayy
    might see you there

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I've also applied to Heythrop to study straight philosophy. Actually I changed one of my choices to Heythrop just today as I got to log in to Track.. wonder what Heythrop thinks of late applications :P

Had I known of Heythrop earlier I would've definitely put it in my original choices, but I'm a mature student from Finland and I went by this Finnish forum where no one had ever mentioned Heythrop.. Well, I do hope to get in regardless! It seems like a really good place.

ReputationRep:
    WOOOO got two offers from heythrop! one for straight philosophy and the other for philosophy, religion and ethics! Both are between 280-300, so this is my insurance offer. Know absolutely nothing about the accommodation situation though. Anyone know anything about the halls etc? enlighten me!

ReputationRep:
    I didnt want to tempt fate by saying yes to this too soon because i didnt have an offer until today! But now i have one so YAY!
    I dont suppose you are on facebook are you?
    Ah, yes of course I'm on FaceBook.

You can PM me if you still wanna' add me or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebeccaMeek)
    It sounds like my kind of place. I do enjoy older buildings.
    well i meant i received a conditional offer on the basis i achieve 280 ucas points.
    Have you not received a conditional offer? If you have 300 you should be fine for getting in.
    I still haven't gotten an offer it's so depressing, it's my first choice as well ahhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebeccaMeek)
    I have just been accepted in to Heythrop college to do Philosophy and Theology.
    I live extremely far away from there and i'm nervous that i wont get to visit it beforehand.
    Has anyone visited? what's it like? I know it's very small
    2nd year here. I went to Heythrop without visiting and I live in Lytham St. Annes which is about the same distance as you. I really like the college and don't regret not looking round.
    Compared to most unis it's more like a small sixth form college. It has two nice libraries, a computer suite and nice grounds. Alban Halls are good and rooms are a decent size for student accommodation, although I lived in intercollegiate halls in my first year.
    Philosophy, Religion & Ethics is the best course. No bias. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 14th of January, but I haven't received an acknowledgement yet. Do you think it's normal?

Anyway, who is coming to the open day on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ansiktet.)
    I applied on the 14th of January, but I haven't received an acknowledgement yet. Do you think it's normal?

Anyway, who is coming to the open day on Monday?
    I don't remember hearing from heythrop before receiving my offer so no need to worry I'll be there on Monday.. After a 4 hour coach ride!

ReputationRep:
    I must have seen a few of you at Heythrop today.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.