Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Nope, you'll need to go to one of the hospitals the university is contracted with. You need to go somewhere where you'll be getting a good range of experience and staff that are aware of what you need to be learning. I chose to stay at home for the course for that very reason; I figured that if I'm going to learn in a hospital, it might as well be in a hospital I'm likely to apply for a job at when I qualify. It doesn't matter which university you go to because all the courses are HPC credited and you can get references from your placement sites as well as the university.

The latest HPC guidelines suggest you should be going to at least two main hospital sites, but you'll be sent to other smaller 'satellite' hospitals as well. That's what our university does, though you stay at one site for the first year and choose a second for the second and third years.
    oh i was hoping that i might be able to go to a hospital in liverpool but oh well :/ it doesnt matter. btw which university are you attending?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10daystar)
    oh i was hoping that i might be able to go to a hospital in liverpool but oh well :/ it doesnt matter. btw which university are you attending?
    How's the interview prep going? Have they given you a date yet? When did you apply by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreaminchicken)
    How's the interview prep going? Have they given you a date yet? When did you apply by the way?
    i havent really done much preparation so far to be honest, mainly due to the fact that they havent given me an exact date yet but will be preparing in the next two weeks.
    I applied in the middle of november.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    x
    Have you been given a date for your interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreaminchicken)
    Have you been given a date for your interview yet?
    sorry for the late reply.
    n yes it's in march. i am absolutely dreading it though. The interview is going to be in a group, this I know I am going to hate, I will probably be asked the most random questions: /. Also there is going to be a maths test but I haven’t done any maths in two years, not looking forward to it at all.

sorry for the late reply.
      n yes it's in march. i am absolutely dreading it though. The interview is going to be in a group, this I know I am going to hate, I will probably be asked the most random questions: /. Also there is going to be a maths test but I haven’t done any maths in two years, not looking forward to it at all.
      I don't see why there will be a maths test. There is very little maths involved in the course (in my interview 3 years ago the guy said it was my least relevant A-level) so I doubt it will be particularly difficult.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FXX)
      I don't see why there will be a maths test. There is very little maths involved in the course (in my interview 3 years ago the guy said it was my least relevant A-level) so I doubt it will be particularly difficult.
      I am hoping for that too but then I am thinking why would they ask you to do such a simple maths test .
      I dont like group interviews but I have some time to prepare. just hoping it all goes well.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.