Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Christmas - the worst time to be in a relationship Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well you dont sound bitter at all.....

If you explain your situation to her im sure shed understand. Also just to make it clear people dont expect christmas presents.
    Why do you girls expect so much sometimes?
    Most of us dont.
    You could just make her something - make her a cake/biscuits or draw/write her something? Shed appreciate things like that as you put effort into them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    It's so annoying at the moment. I've found out i'm gonna have to pay £1500 towards my fees because of a **** up at Student Finance England (bloody liars) and I currently cannot find work or secure a job. Lucky I got half paid for using a bursury by my council.

Anyway, this christmas jazz is so expensive. I'm only one guy from a council estate in South Yorkshire It sucks, especially when you're a guy at christmas (don't buy anything and you're considered a cruel and horrible Grinchy stinge). Why do you girls expect so much sometimes?

Anyway, that's irrelevant, any cheap (MEANING CHEAP) christmas gift ideas are very much appreciated :confused:
    Not all girls like expensive presents. Mine's so unspoilt that she doesn't want anything from me for Christmas, though she's buying something for me. I'll buy her something that she'll like whether she likes it or not.

Which council estate are you from? Manor? Arbourthorne? Westfield? Herringthorpe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnHuman)
    THIS ^^^

Also, just ****ing MAKE something, jesus, when money's tight, substitute it with ****-loads of time, effort, and thought. Just guess which would be truly appreciated more?

I've been working (on and off) on a Christmas present for the partner for a month now. She's a little obsessed with Monopoly... so I'm making her an in-joke themed version of it, 'LOLopoly', hella-confusing for anyone else who might play, it's been ****ING HELL to get everything for it, think of every last card, station, property, etc, and a nightmare to get the board folding up right... but I'm pretty damn confident it WILL be a surprise, and that she'll have never got anything like it before.
    that's probably the best idea I've ever heard. If someone did that for me, I think it would make my year.

ReputationRep:
    This is easy peasy.
    Explain to your girlfriend that you don't have a lot of money right now, so let her know you'll just be buying her a little present this year.

Some cheap but effective present ideas:
    -Perfume. You can buy little bottles of nice perfume for as little as £15 in stores like superdrug or maybe even boots.
    -Chocolate. Who doesn't like chocolate? It's cheap (>£5) and a nice box always puts a smile on anybodies face.
    -Flowers. I personally don't know any girl who wouldn't like to be bought flowers. Its a really nice gesture and you can get them for under a tenner, and maybe even for under a fiver.

Nobody should demand a certain amount of money to be spent on themselves at christmas it's the thought that counts, afterall!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.