Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies, do you like it when a man kisses your hand when he meets you...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My ex used to do that. I liked it then.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.somethingimpressive.com/w...successful.jpg
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I personally find it really creepy if someone I don't know that well does that to me. Even if I did know the person actually, I'd think they're taking the piss or being terribly old-fashioned (and not in a good sense).

All this is poss coloured by the fact that my semi-stalker at uni did this
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Whoo. Someone must have bumped a zombie thread from 1934.

(Original post by <3ER)
      Interesting but yet very funny!
      Like your sense of humour!
      Well hello there. :love:

But anyways, people have been saying that chivalry is dead, as if to say, this is an example of chivalry?

Err, no, more like the behaviour of a desperate, needy stalker. :lolwut:

Chivalry - where you are walking down the river under the sunshine and then you go a meadow of lavender flowers and frolic under the stars into the night. :heart:

ReputationRep:
      Well the way that you've described yourself as doing it sounds quite amusing, as like a one off thing. Assuming that you are good looking enough to pull it off...

Otherwise, no. Seems a bit creepy.

ReputationRep:
      If he was a bit of a stunner then yes please Otherwise...err.no. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
      Sometimes when i get a good haircut, i feel like i can leave the barbers go up to any woman and say "give it"

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sweet_Heart)
      Assuming that you are good looking enough to pull it off...

Otherwise, no. Seems a bit creepy.
      http://imm.io/media/2x/2xOa.jpg

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ms throatwobbler-mangrove)
      If he is not taking himself too seriously there, I think it's charming :lollypop:
      You like licking fallic objects...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
      I personally find it really creepy if someone I don't know that well does that to me. Even if I did know the person actually, I'd think they're taking the piss or being terribly old-fashioned (and not in a good sense).

All this is poss coloured by the fact that my semi-stalker at uni did this
      You had a semi stalker? Do tell!

ReputationRep:
      It's kinda gay.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by aliluvschoc)
      If it was my boyfriend it would be OK. But if all guys started doing it I'd be slightly weirded out.
      Even if they kissed you on the hand and made that face in your sig? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      If it's from someone I knew, I wouldn't mind I think it's charming

ReputationRep:
      :laugh:

I've run out of rep. Damn

ReputationRep:
      ^ Made my day. Haven't seen that in a while.

On topic: it depends on the situation. I have friends would be comfortable with doing that, others I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by adam0311)
      Why waste the time? Go strait for her lips.
      This.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      Was just wondeirng, lol. I do it sometimes and say 'enchante.' Would that be a bit weird?
      When I first met my now-boyfriend (we met through mutual friends over Facebook and clicked so well, we decided to meet in person ), the first thing he did was kiss me on the cheek. I thought that was a gorgeous gesture I'd have been a bit freaked out if he kissed my hand and said 'enchante' though... I'd avoid doing both if I were you.

ReputationRep:
      I wouldn't mind at all : )

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      Was just wondeirng, lol. I do it sometimes and say 'enchante.' Would that be a bit weird?
      i do it when its a formal occasion, it makes girls go weak in their knees god damn i'm good

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.