The Student Room Group

Lloyds Banking Group - Internships - No contact?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The_Libertarian
Not yet - no e-mail contact and my online application form only allows me to view it or withdraw. I don't want to ring the same number again and get the same woman.

Which division did you apply for? I'm like innerpartysystem in that I applied for Finance but was told I had an interview back in late November. Their e-mail wasn't particularly coherent and they now haven't made any contact about if for about 6 weeks.

That's bizarre. Hopefully they'll contact you soon - if not maybe try that number again and hope the rude woman isn't there? :tongue:

I applied for General Management, got the tests invite last week and an email confirming I passed pretty soon after.

Original post by gurkin123
Which Department did you apply for? The consensus seems to be that the whole Emerging Talent Team are pretty useless so it wouldn't suprise me if they're doing one programme at a time or something ridiculous like that.

I had my telephone interview on Tuesday for the General Management scheme, having been asked to book it on the 27th.

I assume you and your friend got the email saying that they would contact you in November about a December interview, etc etc?

I have my phone interview for General Management later this week - out of curiosity, what did they ask you?

Thanks
Reply 21
Original post by Frontier
out of curiosity, what did they ask you?

There were two parts to the interview; starting off with my motivation for choosing Lloyds, why the GM programme, and what issues Lloyds are facing in the current climate. If you say something flaky here then be prepared to be questioned further so if you're not sure about something then it's best to leave it out!

The second part consisted of either 6 or 7 (I can't remember) competency questions. Pretty standard stuff really; just have a few good examples of leadership, integration within a team, etc and that should suffice.

Another thing to consider is that it took a good 1hour and 10 minutes for my interview. By the time they had called the correct number on my application form and introduced themselves, ten minutes had gone by and the interview itself took an hour. :rolleyes:

Good luck!
Reply 22
There were two parts to the interview; starting off with my motivation for choosing Lloyds, why the GM programme, and what issues Lloyds are facing in the current climate. If you say something flaky here then be prepared to be questioned further so if you're not sure about something then it's best to leave it out!

The second part consisted of either 6 or 7 (I can't remember) competency questions. Pretty standard stuff really; just have a few good examples of leadership, integration within a team, etc and that should suffice.

Another thing to consider is that it took a good 1hour and 10 minutes for my interview. By the time they had called the correct number on my application form and introduced themselves, ten minutes had gone by and the interview itself took an hour. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

I had my phone interview for corporate markets on wednesday and it was pretty much how described above. Gurkin have you received an email regarding AC? I haven't received anything but when I checked my application online is says for me to select AC dates (though none seem available)
Reply 23
Original post by monster101
I had my phone interview for corporate markets on wednesday and it was pretty much how described above. Gurkin have you received an email regarding AC? I haven't received anything but when I checked my application online is says for me to select AC dates (though none seem available)

Yeah I got an email this Wednesday saying I'd passed and to book myself into an assessment centre. No sign of any dates either though! I think I'll just keep checking back and if none have appeared by Thursday next week I'll send them an email.
Reply 24
Yeah I got an email this Wednesday saying I'd passed and to book myself into an assessment centre. No sign of any dates either though! I think I'll just keep checking back and if none have appeared by Thursday next week I'll send them an email.

Just received email now saying that i've passed and to select AC date (only one date is up so I would sign up quick before places get full)
Did anyone else applying for Finance get an e-mail today clarifying the internship and basically asking those wanting graduate positions to withdraw?

It seems they're taking so long to process Finance applications because so many people applying for the internship want to join the Graduate Leadership programme afterwards.
Original post by The_Libertarian
Did anyone else applying for Finance get an e-mail today clarifying the internship and basically asking those wanting graduate positions to withdraw?

It seems they're taking so long to process Finance applications because so many people applying for the internship want to join the Graduate Leadership programme afterwards.

Yea, got the same thing. I'm not really fussed, Lloyds is just a backup for me. At least I know that everything is working, my app is in the pile etc.
Reply 27
Original post by monster101
Just received email now saying that i've passed and to select AC date (only one date is up so I would sign up quick before places get full)

Congrats!

Received the same email (for the 2nd time!?) and just booked myself into an AC on the 28th. Assuming that's the same one as you? Unless Corporate Markets is assessed differently.
Reply 28
Congrats!

Received the same email (for the 2nd time!?) and just booked myself into an AC on the 28th. Assuming that's the same one as you? Unless Corporate Markets is assessed differently.

Mine is on the 1st of feb. Guess they divide AC up into departments - makes sense. good luck. anyone got an idea of what to expect?
Reply 29

Good luck!

Thanks! That's pretty much standard telephone interview - what I was expecting to hear. Only thing is the question about what issues Lloyd's are facing - will need to give this a think. I hope it doesn't run on - I have a class straight after! :tongue:

Good luck for your AC!
Reply 30
Hey guys, I have a telephone interview this coming week too, any tips to prepare for the Business Technology program? :smile:
Reply 31
Anyone have a number I can call? I have been waiting for almost a month now to book an assessment centre with no dates still available...
Reply 32
Hey guys,

Any of you booked your assessment centres yet? Booked mine for the 28th about a week ago but logged on today and it says I'm booked on to two different AC's, both on completely different days to the one I booked before.. :s-smilie:

Don't know what is going on with these guys but I've got visions of a bunch of interns turning up in the summer and Lloyds saying "Who are you?!".

Not impressed!
(edited 13 years ago)
I had a telephone interview booked for today with Lloyds. I sat by the phone at 10 am and waited... and waited... and waited... Heard nothing all day. I have emailed any address i have, phoned every number i can find but haven't heard anything. Did anyone have a similar experience today? I am hoping it was a general problem their end! I did check the number I gave, and it was correct :frown:
Reply 34
Original post by Thomas McDowall
I had a telephone interview booked for today with Lloyds. I sat by the phone at 10 am and waited... and waited... and waited... Heard nothing all day. I have emailed any address i have, phoned every number i can find but haven't heard anything. Did anyone have a similar experience today? I am hoping it was a general problem their end! I did check the number I gave, and it was correct :frown:

That's bizarre!

I had one today and they called right on the dot :s-smilie:
Has anybody here had the assessment centre? I've got one coming up and I was just wondering what the 'logical test' was? Is it numerical, verbal, reasoning or? The AC e-mail referred to the process being the same for candidates regardless of division so I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts.
Reply 36
Does anyone have a contact number for the HR? I need to RESCHEDULE my appointment but I emailed them and NO response, and its on Thursday!!
Reply 37
Wow.......Someone please remind me in a couple of years not to ever apply for a Lloyds internship or job.
Reply 38
Anyone else here on the general management GRAD scheme? iv been waiting for over a month now to book an assessment centre with no slots ever showing up and no contact or response whatsoever from their end via email...
Got an assessment centre invite for Finance internship for this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending