Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Switzerland considers making incest legal: report Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomaliMan)
    There's always this one sick **** that wants to see this law come through, ofcourse this person can't say so, so he will pretend to 'not be bothered' if a father.daughter are shagging in the house next door. Seeing them kiss in the buss, eeeew. Steezy = Sleezy
    You're clearly retarded so I won't waste too much time trying to speak reason with you, but here's a snippet.

Whatever anybody else wants to do is fine with me as long as it doesn't effect me. I tend to concentrate on my life, my goals, myself. If my next door neighbours are siblings and want to have sex, I couldn't care less. I also think people that do care about that have issues themselves. Live and let live.

ReputationRep:
    lol, the same people that made a big fuss of minarets..

For those who don't get the story, basically a man will be able to **** his daughter and then claim she 'liked' it if he gets arrested.
    Anyone can do that now. It's not decriminalising sex with minors or sex without consent, so the daughter would need to be at least 16 (not sure what age of consent is there) and agree to have sex with him, which I dare say is unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    You're clearly retarded so I won't waste too much time trying to speak reason with you, but here's a snippet.

Whatever anybody else wants to do is fine with me as long as it doesn't effect me. I tend to concentrate on my life, my goals, myself. If my next door neighbours are siblings and want to have sex, I couldn't care less. I also think people that do care about that have issues themselves. Live and let live.
    Someone once told me this world in divided into sheep and sheepherders. You're the first, don't care about whats happening around you, as long as you get to do what you want. No problem with that, but claiming that people like me have got issues just because I want to have some social decency is absurd.

ReputationRep:
    Someone once told me this world in divided into sheep and sheepherders. You're the first, don't care about whats happening around you, as long as you get to do what you want. No problem with that, but claiming that people like me have got issues just because I want to have some social decency is absurd.
    I care about other people - I care about my friends, family, and I don't want to see people suffering. If someone is having problems, I help.

What I don't do is go round pointing my finger at people telling them how to live their lives. I really don't care if people want to live their lives differently to me, it's fine because it doesn't effect me.

Social decency? If you saw a brother & sister walking down the road, hand in hand, you wouldn't know they were siblings. What exactly is visually indecent about a brother & sister being together.

To put people in prison for something that effects only themselves is absurd my friend, as is your moralistic, pushy and arrogant view to life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Brilliant idea. Imagine if this happened in the UK, think of how many pointless threads could be ended quickly on TSR.

"TSR I have never had sex how will I find a girlfriend"
    "Go to the living room with your willy out"

Sorted.
    Oh but the increase of chavs would be.... :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly.
    I suppose that's one aspect of it.
    I guess that means that if a Joseph Fritzl style case happens in Switzerland, it would make it more complicated somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sushidelight)
    Oh but the increase of chavs would be.... :cry2:
    I thought chavs were born from poverty and problems in society rather than incest. As much as I'd like to think they are all inbred, that's one thing they are certainly not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenny_Jazz)
    I thought chavs were born from poverty and problems in society rather than incest. As much as I'd like to think they are all inbred, that's one thing they are certainly not.
    You must not Jeremy Kyle then

ReputationRep:
    Between two consenting adults and as long as babies are screened for genetic diseases, I think its fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sushidelight)
    You must not Jeremy Kyle then
    I watch it sometimes. I used to watch it in the mornings when I went to the gym but I often ended up laughing too hard and falling off the treadmill

ReputationRep:
    Crazy Swiss, do think want a country full of mutants ?

ReputationRep:
    This is insane,,did they know if there are possibilities for getting abnormal children from incest?incest's just wrong

ReputationRep:
    Why does the idiot think the law is just morale-based. Incest laws protect victims of abuse too.

ReputationRep:
    You want to stop other people doing what they want to do because you don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)
    Why does the idiot think the law is just morale-based. Incest laws protect victims of abuse too.
    You don't create laws that restrict people to help others. It's like banning bags of flour incase some of them are bags of cocaine. No one would be able to make cakes so that no one can get high on cocaine.

Abuse is a problem... but it's a problem that you deal with on it's own without restricting the freedom of other people (in this case consenting relatives).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.