Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Neighbour being totally unreasonable. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Join a Death Metal band. Host daily practice sessions.

ReputationRep:
    Stamp on the ceiling and say "KEEP THE ****ING NOISE DOWN" when he's not even doing anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Not as far as I'm aware. :confused:

his ceiling is covered in patches where he's taken the plaster down and stuffed insulation between the floors.
    That won't help because it's impact noise that bothers him, not airborne noise.
    The impact noise of someone walking is carried down to his ceiling by the wooden joists over your floorboards. Wood is a very good conductor of sound.

He's really wasted his time and money by stuffing insulation above his ceiling.
    He needs a resilient layer of soundproofing above your floorboards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doubledog)
    That won't help because it's impact noise that bothers him, not airborne noise.
    The impact noise of someone walking is carried down to his ceiling by the wooden joists over your floorboards. Wood is a very good conductor of sound.

He's really wasted his time and money by stuffing insulation above his ceiling.
    He needs a resilient layer of soundproofing above your floorboards
    I put a rug down in my room (huge, quite thick) which really muffles sounds, apparently, but obviously not enough. I've started hopping over the creaky floorboards, but that's not easy when I'm still half asleep.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.