Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The other side to the wheelchair activist story. Watch

ReputationRep:
    the lad has cerebral palsy. i doubt he can possibly be much of a threat in any way. certainly nothing justifies dragging him out of his chair in such a violent manner.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is absolute disgrace.
    Here lies a man who is trying to encourage positive behaviour, who is trying to promote equality for all, and amongst this you are trying to discredit him.
    He clearly states in his interview he does not want the events to be isolated on him, he is far too modest.
    Under no circumstances should a human be attacked or moved by the police if it is unprovoked, therefore what makes it acceptable now that you discover he is not as disabled as people first thought. I congratulate his effort to climb to the top of the building.
    I am disgusted by the anti Jody McIntyre movement, absolutely repulsed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    I don;t know how familiar you are with the effects of cerebral palsy, but it is much easier for a sufferer to stay on the move constantly than to stand without moving. That's why he's wheelchair bound when he's standing still.

You remind me of those cynics who comment "he can't be disabled" when a blue-badge holder is able to walk unaided from his car, minus a wheelchair.

These judgemental sorts just don't think of the nature of peoples' disabilities and how it affects them...in other words, they don't engage brain before engaging mouth.
    yawn - you are incredible. If I could give you all of my days reps, I would.

ReputationRep:
    Not fantastically familiar with the case or the lad himself. From what I can tell he is an incredibly brave and intelligent young man, and I only wish more people today had his spirit and love for genuine change.

However, some things about the OPs post stick out, I refuse to call him 'Noam Chomsky', since he clearly knows nothing about Noam Chomsky's politics or message. Noam Chomsky was and is an anarchist, who questions authority on every single level. He has spent his entire life with people calling him a renegade and a revolutionary, and has been in support of palestine against the vicious crimes of Israel for a long, long time, so for you to accuse the boy of being 'pro-palestine' as if that is some blmish on his character is kind of funny.

Secondly, that he spent his interview declaring his innocence? I mean, I may not be familiar with everything about this story, but I know well enough that he wasn't being interviewed because he was accused of anything, he was there because he had been attacked by police. He doesn't have to defend himself against any of these so-called 'revolutionary' ideas he has, since they aren't of any concern.

You say he's incited and revelled in violence, where?

That third personal recount I find dubious, especially when he can claim he was treated gently, when I've seen a video of him tipped from his wheelchair and dragged across the street.

To be fair, he isn't a peaceful protestor at all, he describes himself as 'on the rampage'. He can walk and boasts of attacking police - on his own blog he boasts of shoving his own way through lines of riot police and climbing the 9 storey staircase to the top of CCHQ.

The photographer who recorded the 'confrontation' last week describes how the police put themselves in harms way to be as gentle as possible with him - until he lept up, angrily argued with an officer and tried to assault one of them, having to be held back by another protestor. He describes himself as a 'revolutionary' and if you still think that he is just a peaceful harmless disabled person randomly attacked by the police, i invite you to read another boast from his criminally extremist blog:

"Eventually, around 30 of us managed to break our way through into the Treasury. Unfortunately, the rest never made it".

"Me and Finlay immediately set to work, tearing down the metal barriers."

"We continued down the sixty stone steps at the other end of the Treasury road without so much as a pause for breath. We were on the rampage."

Poor, poor him, how dare the police touch him. #outrage.

IMO he is a violent ****er, who sits in his wheelchair manufacturing outrage amongst people who are ignorant of who he is and his violent past.

He is exactly the sort of violent extremist idiot who hijacks and steals these events and headlines away from the thousands of peaceful protestors for his own side agenda. He is a extremist 'revolutionary' tee double-you eh tee

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by loafer)
      To be fair, he isn't a peaceful protestor at all, he describes himself as 'on the rampage'. He can walk and boasts of attacking police - on his own blog he boasts of shoving his own way through lines of riot police and climbing the 9 storey staircase to the top of CCHQ.

The photographer who recorded the 'confrontation' last week describes how the police put themselves in harms way to be as gentle as possible with him - until he lept up, angrily argued with an officer and tried to assault one of them, having to be held back by another protestor. He describes himself as a 'revolutionary' and if you still think that he is just a peaceful harmless disabled person randomly attacked by the police, i invite you to read another boast from his criminally extremist blog:

"Eventually, around 30 of us managed to break our way through into the Treasury. Unfortunately, the rest never made it".

"Me and Finlay immediately set to work, tearing down the metal barriers."

"We continued down the sixty stone steps at the other end of the Treasury road without so much as a pause for breath. We were on the rampage."

Poor, poor him, how dare the police touch him. #outrage.

IMO he is a violent ****er, who sits in his wheelchair manufacturing outrage amongst people who are ignorant of who he is and his violent past.

He is exactly the sort of violent extremist idiot who hijacks and steals these events and headlines away from the thousands of peaceful protestors for his own side agenda. He is a extremist 'revolutionary' tee double-you eh tee
      Nifty use of copy and paste to get across your Conservative biased opinion.

(Original post by HighSigh)
        If feeling disgust for that criminal makes me a law-abiding Conservative, I guess I am.

ReputationRep:
        'I'm going to incite violence and try to break police protective lines, BUT YOU CANT TOUCH ME BECAUSE IM DISABLED.'

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by WilliamNorth)
        Not fantastically familiar with the case or the lad himself. From what I can tell he is an incredibly brave and intelligent young man, and I only wish more people today had his spirit and love for genuine change.

However, some things about the OPs post stick out, I refuse to call him 'Noam Chomsky', since he clearly knows nothing about Noam Chomsky's politics or message. Noam Chomsky was and is an anarchist, who questions authority on every single level. He has spent his entire life with people calling him a renegade and a revolutionary, and has been in support of palestine against the vicious crimes of Israel for a long, long time, so for you to accuse the boy of being 'pro-palestine' as if that is some blmish on his character is kind of funny.

Secondly, that he spent his interview declaring his innocence? I mean, I may not be familiar with everything about this story, but I know well enough that he wasn't being interviewed because he was accused of anything, he was there because he had been attacked by police. He doesn't have to defend himself against any of these so-called 'revolutionary' ideas he has, since they aren't of any concern.

You say he's incited and revelled in violence, where?

That third personal recount I find dubious, especially when he can claim he was treated gently, when I've seen a video of him tipped from his wheelchair and dragged across the street.
        All I have done here is present the other side to the story, and cited several sources, so that people are able to come to their own conclusions, because the other thread on the subject was rather one sided.

I perhaps should have made it clearer that the text in my OP was lifted from this website - http://order-order.com/2010/12/14/wh...ers-complaint/ , was not written by me, and does not to any extent represent my views on the matter.
        • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        Because conservative=bad.:rolleyes:

(Original post by loafer)

The photographer who recorded the 'confrontation' last week describes how the police put themselves in harms way to be as gentle as possible with him - until he lept up, angrily argued with an officer and tried to assault one of them, having to be held back by another protestor.
          I know of this 'impartial' freelance photographer. Graham Mitchell is a big fan of Julian Brazier, Tory MP of Canterbury and is regularly employed to take photos of this MP recording him doing his propaganda bit for the constituency.

If you have a close look at his photo gallery of the student protests, he goes out of his way to take photos of interactions between the police and students that put the police in a favourable light...if you weren't there to see for yourself.

He never posts photographs of the brutal acts that the TV cameras capture on his gallery...and he probably doesn't even take any, preferring to adhere to his idealistic and blinkered views that the police are just friendly, cuddly buddies of all and are there only to help and never losing their cool when they are crossed.

He's a real Tory fan...and a disgrace to the investigative photographers' profession...and far from impartial.

ReputationRep:
          This thread is absolute disgrace.
          Here lies a man who is trying to encourage positive behaviour,
          And encouraging violence and criminal damage in the "revolution".

Under no circumstances should a human be attacked or moved by the police if it is unprovoked,
          Under no circumstances should a human policeman be attacked or moved by a mob if it is unprovoked.

Whilst the Police should be considerate and should be held to account for their actions, he is quite clearly not the peace-loving innocent disabled person people (in fairness, not necessarily he) claim him to be. The fact he is disabled does not prevent him from being able to commit criminal damage or incite violence.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by yawn)
          I know of this 'impartial' freelance photographer. Graham Mitchell is a big fan of Julian Brazier, Tory MP of Canterbury and is regularly employed to take photos of this MP recording him doing his propaganda bit for the constituency.

If you have a close look at his photo gallery of the student protests, he goes out of his way to take photos of interactions between the police and students that put the police in a favourable light...if you weren't there to see for yourself.

He never posts photographs of the brutal acts that the TV cameras capture on his gallery...and he probably doesn't even take any, preferring to adhere to his idealistic and blinkered views that the police are just friendly, cuddly buddies of all and are there only to help and never losing their cool when they are crossed.

He's a real Tory fan...and a disgrace to the investigative photographers' profession...and far from impartial.
          He's goes out of his way to portray the students as confrontational where as people like you seem to go out of your way to portray the police as brutal. Neither side is completely innocent but it's pretty ****ty of you to berate someone for offering people an alternative to the "POLICE BRUTALIZING EVERYONE" **** students are throwing out.

When I first watched the video I was pretty outraged but after reading his blog for example he's a very clever individual who knew exactly what he was doing. Sadly for him the police didn't see his disability as means for being exempt from apprehension and rightly so.
          • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
          He has no sympathy from me. Jody Macintyre is nothing but a douche. He may have celebral palsy but that does not affect his views - he incites violence and is a self-declared revolutionary, despite denying it in the general media. And he is always preaching equality for the disabled so the police treated him as equally as they would with any other protestor who was causing trouble throughout the whole day.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by yahyahyahs)
          And he is always preaching equality for the disabled so the police treated him as equally as they would with any other protestor who was causing trouble throughout the whole day.
          This. Does he want to be treated equally by the state, or not?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Huskaris)
          Clearly you miss the point, I knew people like you would, it's that logic you have.

What you clearly don't understand, is that anything we students do that is bad, is not students fault. It's the government, the police, or some rich people who cause all the ills in society, obviously nothing we do should be held against us ever! WE ARE STUDENTS

Neg me please, it turns me on.
          I +rep you so that I could turn you off

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by ussumane)
          I +rep you so that I could turn you off
          That's your mistake, I should have mentioned, pos rep makes me even more turned on...
          Rep just makes me ...................

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.