Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting over someone Watch

ReputationRep:
    You need to keep busy and realise that what your thinking is normal. However sitting in your bed crying and staring at your phone is bad as it is likely that your friends will notice and due to the fact that were technically all connected it will get back to your ex and not to sound harsh he will think its "pathetic."

Get up, Go out, Have fun! Show him that you don't specifically need him in your life to have a good time. He was just an added bonus! I know its hard but DON'T base any of your actions in trying to get him back. It will just out you back at step one in the long run.

My girlfriend broke up with me about 2 months ago because i wasn't giving her enough attention, she then freaked out when i didn't contact her and kept going out and having fun. Within a week she told me she only did it to get my attention and that she wanted me back. However i didn't want to be in a relationship where she would make decisions like that instead of talking to me about the attention thing.

2 months later and were good friends now, everything heals.

ReputationRep:
    not yet dude, although this sunday im going on a ten pin bowling date with an old friend of mine, who is a girl. what is suscpicious is that she asked me to go bowling with as soon as i became single, which is rather...eh? :s still going though

ReputationRep:
    Find someone else ASAP, you will soon forget him once you have a new guy.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep with as many people as you can. Sex heals all!

No really, I find it just takes time to get over someone. The time it takes depends on how deeply you attached to them. Took me about 6 months last time, woe :'(
    I would delete his number and put away things that are significant to you and him, like photographs.

ReputationRep:
    Move onto your male best friend and become obsessed with them instead. Works like a charm.
    Nah. Just keep going. Don't stop living. I remember when my ex finished with me I couldn't do anything for a day or so. Then I looked in the mirror and I didn't recognise myself. So I just carried on. Didn't think about him as much as possible. Found other people worth loving who really looked after me.
    Friends are the secret. Not much of a secret, but hey.
    It will get better. Promise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically my boyfriend finished with me a couple of weeks ago. At first it was extremely raw and painful, and now although it isn't quite as raw, I can't seem to go a day without thinking about him, willing him to contact me and change his mind and take me back. I was just wondering how people here coped with a previous break up and how long it took them to feel normal again? I need to hear some positive stories!
    i got my heart crushed yesterday, seems fine today, been distracting myself. Time heals all wounds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically my boyfriend finished with me a couple of weeks ago. At first it was extremely raw and painful, and now although it isn't quite as raw, I can't seem to go a day without thinking about him, willing him to contact me and change his mind and take me back. I was just wondering how people here coped with a previous break up and how long it took them to feel normal again? I need to hear some positive stories!
    snap.

three and half years and he text me to end it! LDR. but made it worse cause I'm still so angry.

But I definitely feel better when I see friends and FLIRT.

You'll be ok, like know that but also that you're going to be up and down for a while.

Fun with friends. not toooo much drinking though so soon lol. and newww guys I think is the way

I also just bought myself a dress.
    which was quite expensive.
    and gorgeous.

this helps alot .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hope ure ok.

ReputationRep:
    its tough! i broke up with my girlfriend two weeks ago. she had some bipolar disorder and acted really strange sometimes and she would just snap at me for no reason - we both loved each other which made it harder to deal with.

sent her a message over facebook wishing her and her family a happy christmas a couple of days ago and she replied with "don't fuc*ing bother me".

it hurts...its tough...but I'll get over it and so will you!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.