Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Farting around your bf/gf ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    ......:facepalm2:
    I gave you good rep because your sig made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovethekooks)
    Uhm.. i dont know, maybe people are different but i wouldnt have been impressed if i were her lol, farting on the second date is a bit too much for me haha
    I don't understand what you mean ?

Nobody was impressed by what I did ... her mum was impressed with my stance on why what I did was ok.

Just to be clear I don't think farting is cool or funny. However I don't find holding it in to be of any social benefit. Apart from the situations I mentioned.

There will come a point in any relationship where a person stops trying to be somebody they're not. Whether that be on the second date or the 10th wedding anniversary. There will come a time when your bf/gf will be farting just as much around you as they would do when they are alone. I'd rather somebody know what they're in for nice and early.

Like you said though everyone is different

ReputationRep:
    I dont think people should let go completely regardless of how long you have been with your other half. If it happens accidentally, happens but I would never do it in front of him just as i wouldnt like him to do it in front of me. Just common sense really.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm not that unlovable. Besides, I said that I don't have a gf/bf, not that I don't do sexy things to other people.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't... but you don't need to know that :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I do, in fact it's even more hilarious when you do it in bed and then waft the quilt :mmm: (Yes, I grew up in a house full of boys, and yes, I appear to have a really immature sense of humour )

ReputationRep:
    farting is fine wen it comes to the sound and as long as the smell is tolerable.
    maybe she burps more than farts??

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it! Me and the missus burnt that bridge down ages ago, much better than sitting there all uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    i always fart around him and he HATES it :teehee:

its always the quiet ones that stink the most, i remember farting at work and people giving me weird looks :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resentment.)
    I gave you good rep because your sig made me laugh.
    Yeah without that sig., No one would love me

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear god no.
    I mean, i did it after a year and that's when me and my ex were already living together. But i don't do it when he's around. I have to go to the bathroom if i were to do it. I don't even think he even remembered me farting haha
    When we were not living together yet, i didn't have the guts do it even once. Im too shy and i don't really have to do it much. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najinaji)
    If I had a bf/gf I wouldn't mind if they farted. I'd giggle like a moron, but I'd find it somewhat endearing.

Unless it was a monstrous death cloud that made me feel ill. Then I'd make sure to feed them properly.
    Should not have had a drink when reading this post...

My boyfriend and I fart around each other all the time. Have even been known to have really childish competitions.

He wins, but only because I can't stand the smell anymore... Really is a monstrous death cloud sometimes... :/

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if people think I'm hella frigid or whatever but on this issue I am an old-fashioned guy and subjecting your partner to the smell of your airborne faeces for the ****s and giggles (PUN) is a weakener

ReputationRep:
    I've recently let out accidental ones in bed, but I find it hilarious! My bf just finds it hilarious that I find it so funny! I don't recall a time when he's farted in front of me though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blutarsky)
    On our second date (she came to mine) and she was cuddled up next to me with her head in my lap, watching a film.
    I really needed to fart and fought like crazy to hold it in, whick luckily I did. There were moments when a little bit crept out, but nothing major...

Needless to say, I dominated a dump when she left...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VJUl2ho4N3...600/mummy1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I don't currently have a bf/gf but I had to click on the topic because farts make me laugh. Anda, perhaps displaying how immature my sense of humour is, I lol'd all the way through the thread :teehee:

Seriously though, if I had a bf/gf, after I'd been with them a while fart free, I'd have to be like: 'dude, I find farts hilarious. Like really. If you fart, or make a fart joke, I will laugh.' Then I would expect farts and fart in return, unless they're the ones that you can just tell when they're brewing, that they will blow your face clean off with the smell :P
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I didn't fart in front of my husband until we lived together, but since we started living together I think it just became a case of "I don't give a damn any more, I'll fart if I have to".

I never farted around my girlfriend much. I'd usually go to the toilet, drop my trousers, part my cheeks and fart through an open window praying the wind wouldn't be against me.

I almost came unstuck, once, however, as her mother was coming down the drive whilst I was doing it but I didn't hear the car due to a particularly loud fart. When she came in I was so embarrassed. But she just said "You had your head out of the bathroom window and I was waving at you like a maniac. You really need to get an eye test".

Phew, saved!

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned here before that I never ever intentionally fart in front of any girlfriend and only on one occasion did I have wind and that was when we had been at this indian and I don't think the waiters liked me, as I had the most horrendous food poisoning in my life . I couldn't physically control myself and my ex had to get the hotel to call a doctor as I was that ill. I was terribly embarassed afterwards because in my view once your partner has smelt your sh1t ,which is what a fart is, it isn't the same again.

I don't care how pretty the girl is, if a girl farted in front of me and she wasn't sick I would dump her . I think it shows a lack of respect to expect your partner to be comfortable smelling you bowels. And I even hate it when my friends do it . And heres the thing, it someone who constantly farts in front of their partner can ruin a relationship. It is not sexist as I found anyone who does it disgusting. It's just I won't dump my friends as I don't want to fuk them.

At my gym , theres a chap who's wife has left him because of it,taken the kids with her. Sounds extreme,but you don't know him.It's vile. She has asked him constant not to do it,go into another room. How pig headed is he, that he let such a thing get to the stage of her leaving him,over farting?

I have been lucky in that in all my relationships I can't even be certain they ever took a dump while they was in my presense,never did I smell sh1t when I used the bathroom after them. Never once has one passed wind in front of me. I expect they are likeminded as I find men are the worst offenders for this. Expecting other people to breath their sh1t.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't NOT fart around him if I needed to, that's just ridiculous.
    Although I hardly fart at all compared to him, he's like a freaking machine.

I burp all the freaking time though, we have comps, that I win

ReputationRep:
    The boyf does it in bed silently, pulls the quilt over my head then proceeds to say "You've got to hide, the Germans are coming"..At least he thinks its funny

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.