35-37
    0.34%
    37-39
    0%
    Above 39
    1.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    This, mine is 26 with 15% body fat, BMI is completely irrelevant, body fat is what matters

Yeah, I would've done a poll about body fat percentage but it would have required everyone getting out their tape measures or going for a caliper test, so for the sake of TSR it's bmi

ReputationRep:
    21 point something when I checked the other day. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was healthy. I'm borderline weightless. Though, I'm small so that works I guess.

ReputationRep:
    24.42... only about 14% body fat though

ReputationRep:
    18 apparently. Being 6,4 helps.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m90)
    What's your age and height if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm 18 and 6ft2inch. I'm skinny, I don't look very skinny though, and I never seem to put on weight.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to calculate body fat?

(Original post by m90)
    Why are you unhappy? Sounds like a good BMI to me
    Wrong sign... supposed to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawasdee)
    Anyone know how to calculate body fat?

Wrong sign... supposed to be
    No worries! Body fat percentage is a hard one to do, all the online calculators I've tried aren't very accurate... they basically ask you to measure certain parts of your body, and it does some weird mathematics and uses that and your weight to come up with a percentage. For a more accurate test, you can get a personal trainer to do a caliper test which measures your skinfold, basically you're pinched in different places!

ReputationRep:
    BMI doesn't really mean much.

ReputationRep:
    19.9 or 20.5 as I'm not really sure exactly how tall I am, probably somewhere in between 5'3" and 4".

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'11.5 with a bmi of 17.2 sometimes less, sometimes a little more. And I still want to lose more weight....I honestly think I might have problems :/

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

BMI is ridiculous though, it doesn't count for how you carry your weight. For example, I have a very slim torso and arms, but I carry all of my fat on my bottom and thighs, and could definitely do with losing weight there. But when I lose weight my face looks gaunt and my torso looks scrawny, so I can't win really!

ReputationRep:
    15.2 atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m90)
    No worries! Body fat percentage is a hard one to do, all the online calculators I've tried aren't very accurate... they basically ask you to measure certain parts of your body, and it does some weird mathematics and uses that and your weight to come up with a percentage. For a more accurate test, you can get a personal trainer to do a caliper test which measures your skinfold, basically you're pinched in different places!
    oh yh I did something like that in GCSEs (seems like ages ago lol).

ReputationRep:
    Urhm... this must be wrong.. it's saying my BMI is 27.3. It's more likely to be 17.3... I'm 5ft2 and just under 7 stone...

ReputationRep:
    21.97, so I'm quite healthy, but it doesn't seem to show because everyone thinks im anorexic

ReputationRep:
    20.8 and I'm 5ft 7

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.