The Student Room Group

Embarrassed + Depressed! ......I can't tie my shoelaces!!!

Scroll to see replies

I'm nearly twenty, and I can't tie laces and have to think very hard about left and right.
Original post by Anonymous
"my friend", a phrase I wish to hear from them, they, who torment me so. The fear I feel ferociously finds its feral self within me, as I look upon the images, of whatever laceless beings my eyes decide throw inside my mind. :frown:

Please write a novel of some kind.
Reply 22
Original post by TheSownRose
I'm nearly twenty, and I can't tie laces and have to think very hard about left and right.

Left, right, left, right. The soldier neurons march throughout the hemispheres, looking for direction, looking for a path, to claim the bow. Victory, on a carrot stick it hangs. It hangs before their many lines, their roads, and detours, forever leading to a place, the place of rest, where laces lie, laces tie, and woeful worry waves goodbye. :frown:
Left, right, left, right. The soldier neurons march throughout the hemispheres, looking for direction, looking for a path, to claim the bow. Victory, on a carrot stick it hangs. It hangs before their many lines, their roads, and detours, forever leading to a place, the place of rest, where laces lie, laces tie, and woeful worry waves goodbye. :frown:

Really wish I knew who you are - would love to rep this, but no point repping anon posts, the poster doesn't get it. :frown:
Reply 24
Original post by TheSownRose
Really wish I knew who you are - would love to rep this, but no point repping anon posts, the poster doesn't get it. :frown:

Only those who modify, who moderately moderate this moderately menacing and most meticulously monitored form of modern media, would be mortified to know the source of these musings. I hope they may be mindful enough, to show at least a meagre piece of microbial mercy when man-handling my thread, and do not misconstrue or mock this account of a meek, not mighty monster.

I moan, making this modest expression, alone, meandering through this mystical mount of mine, my life. Yes, alone, as always. :frown:

Goodbye.
please start more threads
Wait, it's even better than I thought: the post talks of the OP's girlfriend, and also the toddler calls the OP a "silly girl". So it's not just emo shoelace poetry, it's lesbian emo shoelace poetry!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
I never learned the 'proper' way to tie them, but I can still tie mine... it just takes ages, and in those pressurising "HURRY UP AND TIE YOUR SHOES, C'MON C'MON! LETS GO!" situations where other people are being really impatient on your way out of the house, it can be nerve-wrecking and throw you off tying them, elongating the process.

One thing I do to avoid the instance of actually having to tie my shoes is to double-tie them, in which I tie them up tightly once and then re-tie the bows into a double-knot of sorts. This has proved sufficient, as I now have a pair of shoes which haven't had their strings untied for 3 years of constant wear.
Only those who modify, who moderately moderate this moderately menacing and most meticulously monitored form of modern media, would be mortified to know the source of these musings

Mayhaps you were merely making a musing mobilizing merely 'm's, but I think the moderately moderate moderators can already see the source of anonymous musings.
There's a disability called dyspraxia I think it is that I'm pretty sure can be connected to issues with co-ordination/tying laces and stuff like that... Pretty sure Daniel Radcliffe has it, may be wrong on that though as my knowledge is limited to just what I read in an article a while ago...
OP you're a ****ing legend.
im so sorry for you,i have a similar problem i dont know how to masturbate,can someone teach me?
(Anon or delete - People on here know me in real life and it would be so embarrassing if they found out about this)

I cry as I write this :frown: :

It's just something I've never been able to do. I remember finding it really difficult to grasp exactly how my day-care teacher and parents tied my shoelaces for me. These elongated pieces of fabric have left me puzzled in an unrelentingly irritating and embarrassing manner. This, combined with phobias of laceless shoes and bare feet has been the defining factor in what has led to the eternal and everlasting abyss that is my grim adult life.

Whenever someone has tried to teach me how to tie my shoelaces and exile me from my constant state of melancholia , I've acted as if I know what's going on, only to carry on living with this embarrassing affliction. The illusively easy way in which they, those who can, attain that beautiful bow form I long for, from those two separate entities of linear material, has led me to depression (knowing I shall never be able to create such beauty).

Most days, I tuck the free-hanging laces into my socks or into the shoes themselves. Sadly, this doesn't prevent them from releasing themselves to be the way all laces in my possession have been cursed to be - liberated from their bonds to each other. :frown:

Today my girlfriend's mother asked me to tie her toddler's laces for her but (due to my disability) the laces from each shoe became intertwined together in a knot so disastrously complex, Phrygian Gordium would be astounded by its intricate nature.

It was the first time I'd tied two pieces of string together but it was also the first time I'd been laughed at by a 5 year old, who (as I remained kneeling, attempting to salvage whatever I could from this insane anomaly of knot theory) proceded to lick her hand and slide the liquidated hand across my face, as if to say, "This is what you're worth, you silly girl". :frown:

How do you tie your shoe laces?
Is/Has anyone else/else been topologically challenged in this way? Recovered?

Yours Faithfully.

Woven Tears.

This made me laugh sorry lol. OP dont worry its not the end of the world, I was like this a few years ago, used to avoid shoes with laces :frown:
Reply 34
I can not believe anyone has replied to this in a serious way. It's actually a funny troll which is clearly taking the piss out of the fact that people on TSR say they have depression for something that a regular person would shrug at.

Good troll, if this is what you were getting at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending