Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get faster? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danja123)
    Firstly how old are you?

Although I agree that squatting young is acceptable I do think that nailing the technique is key and that usually requires a coach. I see rugby league players everyday from either the academy or first team at a super league club who still have fundamental problems with their lifting techniques.if your under 16 I certainly wouldnt be worrying about how fast you are and be more worried about getting mobility and stability around the joints (ankle, knee, hip, t-spine and shoulders) to prepare you for serious lifting when your older.

If you do want to work on your sprinting have a look on google about sprint mechanic drills, to get whatever power you already have to be used efficiently.

Ill post a proper reply when im on the computer because my phone is rubbish for the internet.
    I'm 17. I'm not a memeber of a gym so that is why I'm looking for at home/outdoors/my own weight exercises. I play wing so speed is very important to me, particularly as this one other wing keeps burning me on the outside in practice.

Also, I'm not really looking to improve my technique just improve my raw power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilko1900)
    I'm 17. I'm not a memeber of a gym so that is why I'm looking for at home/outdoors/my own weight exercises. I play wing so speed is very important to me, particularly as this one other wing keeps burning me on the outside in practice.

Also, I'm not really looking to improve my technique just improve my raw power.
    You want to improve power yet your not a member of the gym? You will make very little progress without weights to improve power.

You want outdoor exercises but don't want to work on your technique? Thats about the only worthwile thing to do if you haven't got weights. Improving mechanics will help to improve your speed so why not do it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danja123)
    You want to improve power yet your not a member of the gym? You will make very little progress without weights to improve power.

You want outdoor exercises but don't want to work on your technique? Thats about the only worthwile thing to do if you haven't got weights. Improving mechanics will help to improve your speed so why not do it? :confused:
    Gyms are expensive and you need a buddy to use weights. I want to workout alone and for a low price.

I really don't want to muck about with my actual running mechanics but improve my raw power i.e I want to bulk up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilko1900)
    Gyms are expensive and you need a buddy to use weights. I want to workout alone and for a low price.

I really don't want to muck about with my actual running mechanics but improve my raw power i.e I want to bulk up.
    Yet you won't do this without a gym so what your saying is lacking sense.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a barbell set and learn to clean, front squat, deadlift etc. A 140kg set will last you at least a few months of progression on the deadlift and does not require a training partner or spotter. Sorted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.