Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many songs do you have on iTunes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fretter778)

I always trim my library down at around 1500 songs. No point in having loads of songs I'll never listen to just for the sake of saying I have many thousands of songs.
    I completely agree.

And I've got about 1400 songs too.

ReputationRep:
    Around 600/700 I think.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at a few hundred, I hardly listen to them, thus I havn't synced them to my iPod, just all the podcasts.

ReputationRep:
    Less than 1000...lol

ReputationRep:
    40,891. Goml.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    12,530. But I have a lot of bootlegs of live performances (e.g. 980 Pearl Jam live songs, 500 Elliott Smith live songs and 400 Foo Fighters live songs), so a lot of it is technically repetitions. I edit it down every once in a while to make sure songs I don't like anymore don't pop up when I play shuffle, so I don't think it's excessive.

ReputationRep:

Seems a lot compared to you guys.

ReputationRep:
    5054 I really need to have a clean up

ReputationRep:
    I don't use iTunes to play music, so I only have what I want on my 8GB iPod so it makes sinking easier
    which comes to 723

i have 1992 on Winamp though, and my bittorrent folder has 2788

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    2685 on my laptop.

About half that on my iphone.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Silk Cobra)
    Just wondered how many songs people had on their ITunes?
    I'm at 17,000

ReputationRep:
    4,468. I used to have a lot more, but that was my entire music taste through life, and when I got my new laptop I just didn't bother with most of it.
    I swear I end up listening to the same songs again and again though.

ReputationRep:
    8,074. I really need to delete quite a few albums.

ReputationRep:
    that's just absurd, surely most of it is old stuff you don't listen to any more or stuff you downloaded and didn't like/never listen(ed) to?

ReputationRep:
    18,561 apparently. But then a lot of my music is very mood specific so the actual playlist rotates a lot

ReputationRep:
    15,000... but, then again, I'm probably the biggest music fan you'll ever meet. Have music playing 24/7 and I love every artist I have. That, and the fact that I have a very wide music taste; everything from Haydn to Hendrix.

And, I have CD's and vinyl, which probably account for another few thousand songs.

ReputationRep:
    On Winamp, I have 1845 songs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.