Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Parking ticket loopholes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I need some help with some parking fines can you please tell me what I should be writing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shark67)
    Is it a council ticket or from a private company?

If private then, don't pay it. I've received several similar tickets and just thrown them off my windscreen. I've not paid them anything nor have I heard from any of them. Town and city parking are the worst.
    sorry i have to reply to this because this is awful advice.

that used to be the case but now parkingeye have began taking people to court and winning a few hundred pounds out of them. a friend of mine got a CCJ for it. don't take the risk.

whoops now realised this was a dead thread from 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hajra78666)
    Hi I need some help with some parking fines can you please tell me what I should be writing?
    You've resurrected a really old thread.

Please make a new thread (click here) and tell us in detail why you got the ticket, where you were parked (with google streetview link) and ideally include a scan or picture of the actual parking ticket in its entirety. That way, we'll be able to give appropriate advice.

ReputationRep:
    i got a parking ticket satuarday the warden did not put it on my window he gave it to me he taken photo of my reg but not a photo of a ticket on my window which was not one because he gave it to me i went in the bank came out he was there do i have to paye this ticket because he gave it to me in my hand thanks mark

ReputationRep:
    i got a parking ticket on saturday the warden didnot put it on my window he gave it to me he take a photo of my nreg he didnot take photo of a ticket on my window because there was not on he gave it to me do i have to paye this ticket thanks mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by england1963)
    i got a parking ticket on saturday the warden didnot put it on my window he gave it to me he take a photo of my nreg he didnot take photo of a ticket on my window because there was not on he gave it to me do i have to paye this ticket thanks mark
    Another ancient thread bump...

Yes, the ticket is still valid whether it was left on your car, put in your hand or flown into your letterbox by pigeon post. In law, it has been "issued".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 23, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.