Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many books have you read this year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    How do you win books??
    I follow a lot of authors and publishers on twitter and facebook and book bloggers who hold competitions. Won two books this week which I can't wait to read I've been pretty lucky recently - with books that is, I just lost my job, so unlucky in general

ReputationRep:
    From cover to cover, about two. There are numerous others I haven't got round to finishing.

ReputationRep:
    Started about 12, finished about 4

I don't read that often

All non-fiction

ReputationRep:
    I'm an English student, so, er, ****loads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Stole my thread idea. Though mine was to be more interesting because I was going to list everything I've read since January cos I keep a list of them on paper. But anyway, I can't remember exactly, somewhere in the region of 50 books perhaps. I'll post a definite figure in a few days when I finish what I am reading now and count them up.
    Do it anyway

I never know what to read so seeing other peoples' reading lists can be fairly inspirational.

I've read a lot less than most here, but really only found pleasure in reading this year. Umm *counts in head* 10 or possibly a few more. But I've very much enjoyed what I have read

Oh and I have 3 books on literacy to read before beginning of Jan. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    I've read Tom Clansy's The sum of all fears… greatest book ever!!!

BTW, is There any website where can I get free ebook/Ibooks for my iPhone? Since I can't buy real books (I'm in algeria,The good books are rare &/or very expensive...

ReputationRep:
    Not as many would like to have read

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, maybe about 20? That's counting ones from school as well though, like A Level English Lit. I used to be an avid reader when I was younger, but my interest has dwindled somewhat in the last few years. I dunno, I guess things change? But I'd like to get back into it more, it's probably more productive than living on the internet

ReputationRep:
    :O

^^^ read my lips..

ReputationRep:
    I would say around 60, like one a week +/- .
    Specially in summer, like 3 a week..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisisZAK)
    BTW, is There any website where can I get free ebook/Ibooks for my iPhone? Since I can't buy real books (I'm in algeria,The good books are rare &/or very expensive...
    You can find a lot of books that are in the public domain on Project Gutenberg.

I've read 117.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyyy)
    You can find a lot of books that are in the public domain on Project Gutenberg.

I've read 117.
    Thank you for the Link!

According to my list the one I finished today brings me to 57. So still time to squeeze another one or two before New Year.

(Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
      Do it anyway

I never know what to read so seeing other peoples' reading lists can be fairly inspirational.

I've read a lot less than most here, but really only found pleasure in reading this year. Umm *counts in head* 10 or possibly a few more. But I've very much enjoyed what I have read

Oh and I have 3 books on literacy to read before beginning of Jan. Nice.
      So I forgot my list :shifty: But I will list them for your viewing pleasure soon. Watch this space :wizard:

ReputationRep:
      About two hundred. Very few of those only for pleasure.

ReputationRep:
      I've read around 10 books this year which is not as many as I would have like to have read. I've got a month off from university now so I'm hoping to read as many as possible

ReputationRep:
      It changes a lot, I read for fun (except the odd few for IB Higher Englsih Lit.) so it depends when I get the time, but I do love it so if I could it would be all I ever did When I had exams I didn't read for a month or so, when I have a lot of time I read like 3 in a week. I have a half hour bus ride too and from school so I get about an hour a day regardless :/

ReputationRep:
      It is not easy to say exactly. I would say about fifty or sixty, considering some of them having taken about a week to read but a handful have taken a fortnight and some have been substantially less, especially some of Italo Calvino's books from when I had a phase when I was particularly interested in his work.

ReputationRep:
      41 Books. I think I can still fit in another 1 or 2 before New Years

ReputationRep:
      About 25, I think.

ReputationRep:
      Around 30; mostly on architecture, art, history, and philosophy.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.