Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What time did you get into/leave school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I was on the bus yesterday at 2.55pm and was amazed to see loads of school kids on it. Apparently they start school at 8.45am and finished at 2.45pm.

I was flabbergasted because I started school at 8.25am and finished at 4.00pm. That means that every day, I had an extra 1hr35mins of school. That's 7hrs55mins. With 36 weeks in a school year, that's an extra 285hrs a year, or the equivalent to 47.5 shorter school days. That's 9.5 weeks extra, a year. That means in 5 years, I had the equivalent to a whole school year, plus 1 extra term of schooling.

So when did you start and finish school?
    I get up at 8:00am
    Leave house at 8:30am
    get to school at 8:45am
    registration is at 8:50am

School finishes at 3:30pm
    get home at 3:50pm
    Then think of ways to procrastinate
    Then do homework at about 11:00pm.

No wonder my sleeping patterns are messed.

ReputationRep:
    8.20 - 2.30
    Theres 6 45/50min lessons, with a 20min break and 45min lunch.
    Form/Tutor (lower school only) - 8.20 - 8.40
    Lesson 1 - 8.40 - 9.30
    Lesson 2 - 9.30 - 10.20
    Break 10.20 - 10.40
    Lesson 3 - 10.40 - 11.30
    Lesson 4 - 11.30 - 12.15
    Lunch - 12.15 - 13.00
    Lesson 5 - 13.00 - 13.45
    Lesson 6 - 13.45 - 14.00

In sixth form there are 5/6 lessons dedicated to a subject.

ReputationRep:
    Start at 8:50 and end at 3:45 - for secondary school and sixth form since they were at the same place.
    Six 50 minute lessons a day (sixth formers get about 11 free periods a fortnight) with a 25 minute break in the morning and 55 minutes for lunch.

ReputationRep:
    I start at 8.30 and finish at 2.10.

ReputationRep:
    8:30 - 2:30, but previously was 8:45 - 3:20

ReputationRep:
    Our council have now structured the school days into 3 normal days and 2 shorter days.

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday: 8:45am - 3.40pm

Wednesday/Friday: 8.45am - 2.50pm

But luckily enough, since I'm in my last year of school (and only take 3 subjects) meaning I get lots of free periods, so i'm never in school for this length of time above. Some days i start later and some days i finish earlier!

ReputationRep:
    I was in from 8-4 every day oh well, i guess i had slightly more education, i just hope it was good education!

ReputationRep:
    0900-1530. I thought that was pretty standard. Aparantly not.

ReputationRep:
    If I remember rightly it was 8.30-2.55. It changed a couple of times I think as school liked to keep trying new timetables out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    Don't think too much about it, different schools start and finish at different times, it just means you received a better education.

I never attended school, I went straight into uni to do my bachelors.
    Seriously, why would you think that? All shools have the same amount of lessons which last the same amount of time. It just means that he had moe/longer breaks and registrations.

ReputationRep:
    8.40-3.30

Although now i'm in Sixth Form I finish early at 10.30 on two days, and have an entire day off on Wednesday :P

ReputationRep:
    8.45-3.45.

ReputationRep:
    08:50 - 15:30.

ReputationRep:
    It's currently 8.50-3.15 at my old high school. I say "currently" because it changed pretty much every year! Only by like 5-10mins either way, but changed every blummin year!

I always wished that they'd make school an hour or so longer each day and then give us an extra day off at the weekend- but that never happened

ReputationRep:
    School was 8.30am to 3.30pm

ReputationRep:
    My high school was 7:45-2:45, which was pretty normal. There were actually a lot of schools around us that started earlier. We had... 20ish minutes for lunch, five minutes between classes, no breaks. I always wanted to start after 8:00!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX)
    Seriously, why would you think that? All shools have the same amount of lessons which last the same amount of time. It just means that he had moe/longer breaks and registrations.
    Erm... Not true in the slightest. I had 20 mins for break and 55mins for lunch which means I had 6hrs20 of school a day which seems on par, and even more on some occasions, with the amount of time people spent at school, including breaks.

ReputationRep:
    8.40am-3.45pm officially, but then in later years they mucked around with the times meaning that we finished early some days whilst starting earlier others - it lead to a lot of confusion.

ReputationRep:
    Secondary: 8.45 - 3.10.
    Sixth Form: 9.00 - Whenever my lessons end (usually 1.20).

I don't think I'd be able to cope if school began before 9am nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Primary: 9 - 3.15
    Secondary: 9 - 3.30
    College: 9 - 4.15
    I would hate to start earlier than 9. As if that's not early enough!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.