Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are these Universities that I have chosen are good for social experiences? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    An eyeroll? Really? How much more arrogant can you be?

I really disagree with you. There isn't such a massive gulf between privately/state educated. I know plenty of people who were privately educated and plenty who were state educated, and everyone gets on fine within the same social circle. It's got nothing to do with it. Background means nothing when you're away from home, it's attitudes and values that matter. Are you going to be elitist yourself and try to claim that people from opposing backgrounds cannot possibly share the same values?
    Now, that is where you got it wrong. You still haven't understood me, it doesn't matter how clear I make it you just won't understand. You're so far up your back-behind that you can't hear me because all the feces has clogged your ears. Is this some kind of moral high horse you like sitting on? Oh everyone gets on the same, it's like heaven, bla bla bla. Why do you think there's a lot of racial segregation in this society in the first place? It's simply not true, background does decide who you bond easier with. I never said it was impossible, and that's why you're deaf as a mole, I simply said it would be harder for me, so I'm speaking for myself, judging from my experience, not others.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.