Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    How can you see the pic underneath, change transparency on the layer above:confused:
    Yeah say you were putting a picture of a lizard into a city to make your own godzilla scene. I would use the layer mask to erase out the background, apply the mask and then use the retangular select tool and just take a square containing it. Paste it onto a new layer of the city, move it around resize etc. Then create another mask and put a few buildings in front and stuff.

Yeah how would i do that ??? As in the layer mask and which layer should i rub out?

ReputationRep:
    in the layers tool box there is a little box with a circle at the bottom. click that and 'paint' on black using paintbrush/pencil/whatever. The layer you rubbing out is the background you want to get rid of and so you can just paste it onto the new background.
    (I work on Gimp so im going off photoshop memory)

(Original post by Weloveclover)
    in the layers tool box there is a little box with a circle at the bottom. click that and 'paint' on black using paintbrush/pencil/whatever. The layer you rubbing out is the background you want to get rid of and so you can just paste it onto the new background.
    (I work on Gimp so im going off photoshop memory)
    Have you got a print screen of you doing that i cant find that tut anywhere online
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a print screen of you doing that i cant find that tut anywhere online
    thanks
    Yeah maybe a while before i get one up as i work on Gimp

ReputationRep:
    ignore that last post I found one for you on the internet thats probably better at explaining than me :P

http://photoshoptips.net/2006/07/25/layer-masks/

Thanks so much ill try doing that tut
    but how do i put it into perspective ??

ReputationRep:
    Hi was wondering

How do you put your picture into another picture

eg their is a picture of me but i want to place it in another background or another place?

Thanks

Yeahhere are a load of fantatstic tutorials on the net for photoshop.

yh

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much ill try doing that tut
    but how do i put it into perspective ??
    Theres yet another tool for that! They think of everything these guys. Go to edit>transform>perspective

(Original post by Weloveclover)
    Theres yet another tool for that! They think of everything these guys. Go to edit>transform>perspective
    Is their???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.