Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EKR93)
    Yeah I know, I was giving an example of how some places in the graduate market don't take where you got your degree from into account, get off your high horse.
    As I said, you are giving inaccurate information regarding what the OP is asking. You have no knowledge of the Psychology graduate market. You may well have information about Law or something, so it may be best for you to chat about it in the Law forum.

A Psychology degree is simply not equal to every Psychology degree. There are certainly some Psychology degrees (And I'd even suggest this expands to other subject areas) which are simply not worth the paper they're written on. In that sense, a degree is not a degree.

Stop being tetchy and toddle off.

ReputationRep:
    no Bratfud is no where near as bad as it's made out to be

can't speak for the actual uni but the town really int that bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    As I said, you are giving inaccurate information regarding what the OP is asking. You have no knowledge of the Psychology graduate market. You may well have information about Law or something, so it may be best for you to chat about it in the Law forum.

A Psychology degree is simply not equal to every Psychology degree. There are certainly some Psychology degrees (And I'd even suggest this expands to other subject areas) which are simply not worth the paper they're written on. In that sense, a degree is not a degree.

Stop being tetchy and toddle off.
    Yeah, says the person who got involved ages after I made my original comment which wasn't intended to be pulled apart like I had said something offensive.

It was to help the OP make a decision on whether or not he would like a degree from a less prestigious university or not. In a way I am agreeing with what Godspeed has said, but for some reason he decided to act childish and assume I am stupid or something and I am bitter?

What you are saying is very true but you are not helping the OP either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EKR93)
    Yeah, says the person who got involved ages after I made my original comment which wasn't intended to be pulled apart like I had said something offensive.

It was to help the OP make a decision on whether or not he would like a degree from a less prestigious university or not. In a way I am agreeing with what Godspeed has said, but for some reason he decided to act childish and assume I am stupid or something and I am bitter?

What you are saying is very true but you are not helping the OP either.
    You made a mistake, that much is clear. But there's no need to drag it on and on. I posted to bring some sense to this thread for the OP's benefit.

I disagree with your last sentence, as I am talking with direct relevance to Psychology.

However I think it best to ignore you now.

Here are the UK Psychology Rankings, as reported by The Times 2010.
    While they do give a roundabout idea of which departments are best to aim for, it's not something to follow religiously.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Rank University
    1 Cambridge University
    2 Oxford University
    3 University College London
    4 University of York
    5 The University of Bath
    6 Glasgow University
    7 University of St Andrews
    8 Loughborough University
    9 Exeter University
    10 The University of Birmingham
    11 The University of Sheffield
    12 Cardiff University
    13 University of Bristol
    14 University of Kent at Canterbury
    15 The University of Durham
    16 Royal Holloway, University of London
    17 Hull University
    18 Southampton University
    18 Leeds University
    20 Aberdeen University
    21 Sussex University
    22 Aston University
    23 Lancaster University
    24 Essex University
    24 University of Warwick
    26 The University of Nottingham
    27 University of East Anglia (UEA)
    28 University of Wales, Bangor
    29 Leicester University
    30 Edinburgh University
    30 The University of Nottingham
    30 Portsmouth University
    33 Brunel University
    33 Strathclyde University
    35 Newcastle University
    35 Liverpool University
    37 Reading University
    38 University of Wales,Swansea
    39 Surrey University
    40 City University
    41 Bournemouth University
    42 Goldsmiths College, University of London
    43 Dundee University
    44 The University of Manchester
    45 University of Central Lancashire
    46 University of the West of England
    47 The Queen’s University of Belfast University
    48 Keele University
    48 Staffordshire University
    50 Nottingham Trent University
    51 Oxford Brookes University
    52 University of Lincoln
    53 Hertfordshire University
    54 Stirling University
    55 Bath Spa University
    56 Teesside University
    57 Plymouth University
    58 Coventry University
    58 Heriot-Watt University
    60 University of East London
    60 Napier University
    62 Bradford University
    62 University of Chester
    64 University of Westminster
    64 Glasgow Caledonian University
    66 York St John University
    67 St Mary's College
    68 Manchester Metropolitan University
    69 Brighton University
    69 Sheffield Hallam University
    71 University of Winchester
    72 Greenwich University
    73 Glamorgan University
    74 Middlesex University
    75 Sunderland University
    76 Salford University
    76 Liverpool John Moores University
    78 University of Ulster
    79 Canterbury Christ Church University
    79 Thames Valley University
    81 The University of Worcester
    82 De Montfort University
    82 Aberdeen University
    84 Anglia Ruskin University
    85 The University of Nottingham
    85 University of Gloucestershire
    87 UWIC, Cardiff
    88 Edge Hill University
    89 Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
    90 Kingston University
    91 University of Bedfordshire
    92 University of Surrey, Roehampton ?
    93 Derby University
    94 Southampton Solent University
    95 Huddersfield University
    96 Leeds Metropolitan University
    97 Wolverhampton University
    98 Newman University
    99 Buckinghamshire New University
    100 University of Bolton
    101 London South Bank University
    102 University of Cumbria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    You made a mistake, that much is clear. But there's no need to drag it on and on. I posted to bring some sense to this thread for the OP's benefit.
    What, for upsetting some psychology geek over the internet? What a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Come on. Off to bed now. Grownups are talking.
    You aren't helping the OP. You also seem to neglect the fact your pretentious comments about being a "bitter ex-poly student" which started all of this off. Immature much. Are you gonna be one of those people who stay in university all your life and not actually benefit society or something? You'll be living at your parents until you're like 30. Have a nice life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EKR93)
    You aren't helping the OP. You also seem to neglect the fact your pretentious comments about being a "bitter ex-poly student" which started all of this off. Immature much. Are you gonna be one of those people who stay in university all your life and not actually benefit society or something? You'll be living at your parents until you're like 30. Have a nice life...
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aga83)
    Hi Guys,
    I've got an Unconditional offer from Bradford Uni -Psychology (as I am outsiede of the UK one fundation handled my application and they advised Bradford..)
    and now I've been reading that this is not a very good place to study to say the least..and I really don't know what to do because if I apply through usac myself I'll lose my place at Bradford, and if I don't get any other offer than I'm srewed..
    Can anyone advise me??
    Is Bradford really that bad??

I'd kindly appreciate your help/advice
    Did you put any other choices in your application?If so it's best to wait until you get all your replies.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Thank you all for your reply and advice (although some went into chetic argument..;p);
    I guess that the idea for visiting uni is the best, just to find out personally;
    And I haven't put any ither applications yet as my Bradford application was being handed by some organization and they said that if I do apply personally to other Uni in the UK then the Bradford offer won;t be valid anymore??!!

I am at loss right now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aga83)
    Hi,
    Thank you all for your reply and advice (although some went into chetic argument..;p);
    I guess that the idea for visiting uni is the best, just to find out personally;
    And I haven't put any ither applications yet as my Bradford application was being handed by some organization and they said that if I do apply personally to other Uni in the UK then the Bradford offer won;t be valid anymore??!!

I am at loss right now..
    You could apply through UCAS? That's the standard way of applying, I'm not sure how the organisation works with your Bradford application though. I'd say visit the uni and see what you think - it's what you think that matters after all!

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.