The Student Room Group

Ottawa gang member deported to Somalia - Your opinion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FyreFight
lol so patronising it hurts

yeah, the rich white man did it to the poor black man, because poor black people cant make their own adult decisions, so we should throw money at them until they have morals like us rich white people. look at me im left wing

i bet he was much more economically disadvantaged in ottawa with its free healthcare and education than he was in somalia right. damn the man
Not to do with being black or white specifically, black working class is just a more relevant example in this instance, black working class is typically demonised more than white working class, a greater proportion of black society is working class than white society etc. Nothing to do with morals so much as with opportunity, gangs give the opportunity for status in the absence of legitimate prospects and the link between crime and socioeconomic status is basically old hat now it's been demonstrated so often. 20% of American black men are unemployed and it's the same in built-up inner-city black communities throughout the Western world because those communities have just been left to stagnate. You're right though, the availability of free medicine will def. take the burn away from being doomed to unemployment or menial labour, top logic brah. Send them all back.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by RamocitoMorales
I think it's quite nice,

It's not.
Reply 22
ah thats wonderful lets drop him in lawless somalia where he can actually mix with the real gangsters aka the pirates
Reply 23
Original post by SomaliMan
So whats your say? I think its a good idea.

It reduces the burden on law abiding citizens of Canada. Seems like a benefit to their country by removing him.
Reply 24
Original post by JCC-MGS
Not to do with being black or white specifically, black working class is just a more relevant example in this instance, black working class is typically demonised more than white working class, a greater proportion of black society is working class than white society etc. Nothing to do with morals so much as with opportunity, gangs give the opportunity for status in the absence of legitimate prospects and the link between crime and socioeconomic status is basically old hat now it's been demonstrated so often. 20% of American black men are unemployed and it's the same in built-up inner-city black communities throughout the Western world because those communities have just been left to stagnate. You're right though, the availability of free medicine will def. take the burn away from being doomed to unemployment or menial labour, top logic brah. Send them all back.

This doesn't explain why Chinese & Japanese communities have done well. Cognitive ability is linked to socio-economic outcomes and these groups differ in measured g, so I think that is a more likely explanation. This stems back to human biodiversity. http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2007/01/metric-on-space-of-genomes-and.html
Reply 25
Original post by Chi019
This doesn't explain why Chinese & Japanese communities have done well. Cognitive ability is linked to socio-economic outcomes and these groups differ in measured g, so I think that is a more likely explanation. This stems back to human biodiversity. http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2007/01/metric-on-space-of-genomes-and.html

lol human biodiversity just a racist way of saying 'you're animals' Funny thing is that that is something muslims might have been saying that in the Golden Age of Islam when the Europeans were slaughtering each other like animals,...'ah they're white, its not their fault'.

We Somalis were around for hundreds of years, and things went bad since 1990, so you can't say its in our genes.

I actually blame the crime on western society, if a Somali would go to China/Egypt etc. he would never think about being a criminal, but the gang culture is glorified to an extent that people would prefer becoming a gangster over a lawyer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending