Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of this tattoo? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My favourites are probably the blackbird - I think bird tattoos always look nice. And the heather. And I really like text tattoos as well - I don't really get the meaning of that quote, but if it means something to you, I think it would be a good choice.

Least favourite is the "Cellar Door" one (I know it has personal significance to you, but I think it would look really ugly to anyone who didn't know the meaning behind it).

ReputationRep:
    Heather. I think the others are a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klipsan)
    Racist insult LOL! Everything is a racist insult to people these days..
    No, i meant, why stick to something as easy and simple and 'safe' as a tribal armband or butterfly or star that people will honestly say looks good- when you could be yourself and choose a design that means something to YOU, despite what others think ('talk about how stupid it is').
    Yeah I mean, what ever, so long as you like the tattoo then good for you.

But they're still pretty **** to have on for the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl Overboard)
    My favourites are probably the blackbird - I think bird tattoos always look nice. And the heather. And I really like text tattoos as well - I don't really get the meaning of that quote, but if it means something to you, I think it would be a good choice.

Least favourite is the "Cellar Door" one (I know it has personal significance to you, but I think it would look really ugly to anyone who didn't know the meaning behind it).
    I liked the blackbird, but then again i think a blackbird would be a bit boring. Also, it has to specifically be a blackbird for it to mean something to me, and i can see it going wrong and coming out looking like a crow or any old bird really haha

The heather sprig was originally my favourite, then i started freaking out about what my dad might think haha.. having a tattoo thats entirely to do with my mum lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Yeah I mean, what ever, so long as you like the tattoo then good for you.

But they're still pretty **** to have on for the rest of your life.
    Well now thats your lovely little opinion isnt it? No need to crack out the profanities..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    get a real tattoo.

When i pass out as a Young officer, im going to get the commando dagger on my shoulder. But then again im awesome so
    haha, an ex-para I know has the para insignia on his right arm....looks awesome

which reminds me, how did your AOSB go?...or have you not done it yet?

ReputationRep:
    Well now thats your lovely little opinion isnt it? No need to crack out the profanities..
    I only do this because I love you. Tough love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    haha, an ex-para I know has the para insignia on his right arm....looks awesome

which reminds me, how did your AOSB go?...or have you not done it yet?
    Haven't done it yet, im going through the Royal Marines Reserve route whilst at uni, and then do my YO after uni.

ReputationRep:
    I liked the blackbird, but then again i think a blackbird would be a bit boring. Also, it has to specifically be a blackbird for it to mean something to me, and i can see it going wrong and coming out looking like a crow or any old bird really haha

The heather sprig was originally my favourite, then i started freaking out about what my dad might think haha.. having a tattoo thats entirely to do with my mum lol
    Oh ok, see I'm more a fan of silhouette bird tattoos like this http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3449/...d800315a55.jpg but that wouldn't be any use to you then.

I'd probably go for a text tattoo then - I think they always look really nice and classy.

ReputationRep:
    Like other people have said. Tattoos are for life and until you're entirely sure I wouldn't rush into it. I'm sure he won't mind if you get it done after Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Tbh tattoo's are pretty rank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    Tbh tattoo's are pretty rank.
    haha, any reason why?

ReputationRep:
    Does your mum even like tattoos? Just going off how she apparently put you off the one you were going to get.
    If she doesn't, then getting a tattoo dedicated to her seems like a bit of a smack in the face rather than a tribute...

ReputationRep:
    Tramp stamp

ReputationRep:
    Don't rush into it! I know it's a christmas present but think about it for a while and have a late christmas present.
    I'm getting a tattoo soon and I have been certain on the idea of it since May, but I wanted to wait to see if I went off the idea... and I haven't. So now I'm going to get it soon. That's seven months...

ReputationRep:
    think about it properly, take a few months to decide then get him to pay for it! Better late than **** I always say.

ReputationRep:
    haha, any reason why?
    A lot if not all just look cheap and trashy.

Plus they go even worse after a few years.. :/

ReputationRep:
    imo not on the back of the neck cos it always looks bad
    and not "cellar door" - that was just some random made-up **** to give him a clue to look in the cellar at granny deaths house.

I'm not sure I like the idea of having someone else pay for it much either - if it goes horribly wrong between you it'll be a constant reminder of him.

ReputationRep:
    u seem to be very undecided, maybe wait until you exactlt want you want rather than rushing and ending up with something that you will later regret?

ReputationRep:
    go big or go home.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.