Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    There PC's have very good reviews and are long lasting so can't be all that bad. Plus they are much better than you'd get from a local store such as Currys and PC World.
    They're not "long lasting"
    I'd be surprised if that motherboard went a year at stock clocks before it blows a mosfet.

Personally, the best pre-built PC company I've seen is http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/
    They're still a lot more expensive than building yourself, but at least it's possible to specify the parts used properly, and a friend's PC which was built by them is actually pretty solid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)
    They're not "long lasting"
    I'd be surprised if that motherboard went a year at stock clocks before it blows a mosfet.

Yes they are. My mates had his for 5 years and no issues whatsoever with it and he uses it frequently for gaming and all sorts. Not a problem. Its because of him I know of the site.

Personally, the best pre-built PC company I've seen is http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/
    They're still a lot more expensive than building yourself, but at least it's possible to specify the parts used properly, and a friend's PC which was built by them is actually pretty solid.
    Yeah I've heard of these before - they do seem pretty good but they are more expensive to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    1 PC may last. That configuration wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering when my post would get neg'd, it finally happened

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.