The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you tell your girlfriend if you were meeting up with your ex?

Scroll to see replies

I can't understand why you should trust someone who lies to you. And why would he be lying if he wasn't hiding something? His behaviour seems either suspicious or seriously irrational. I see why you're confused.

Talk to him about it, just tell him not to lie anymore. If he keeps doing it, then dump, because he's blatantly hiding something.
I would be a bit surprised and wonder why he's going over there with a bottle of wine, I just hope she's not one of these girls who snaps her fingers and he comes running towards her. If I were ever going to see an ex I would tell my other half, but then again I don't speak to any of my ex's and I don't want to.
Sounds like he's boning her
Reply 23
Honey, you have enough reasons to dump him. Like, now.
Reply 24
My advice is, just you and him go out somewhere and have a talk about this. You should ask him if he wants to tell you something. Make it clear to him that he can tell you anything he wants. I'm not sure if your bf has a history of cheating or not but you should make it clear that if you find out without him telling you that he has been cheating on you then the consequnces would be worse if you found out from somewhere else. So he might aswell own up now rather than later.

If it turns out (Hopefully) that he wasn'r cheating on you but just felt he needs a little time away with friends away from you. Then you both should plan nights out with your own friends. But make it clear that physical sexual touching of the opposite sex would amount to cheating and you will not accept that.

In all honesty if you can't trust your man with other women chances are that when he will get the chance he will cheat on you. If you feel you can stop him or want to spend your life stopping him from cheating on you. Then that's fine too. Your choice.

Let me know what you decide to do and the outcome. It's always interesting to see how people react. Fun!
Reply 25
Original post by Hibba01
My advice is, just you and him go out somewhere and have a talk about this. You should ask him if he wants to tell you something. Make it clear to him that he can tell you anything he wants. I'm not sure if your bf has a history of cheating or not but you should make it clear that if you find out without him telling you that he has been cheating on you then the consequnces would be worse if you found out from somewhere else. So he might aswell own up now rather than later.

If it turns out (Hopefully) that he wasn'r cheating on you but just felt he needs a little time away with friends away from you. Then you both should plan nights out with your own friends. But make it clear that physical sexual touching of the opposite sex would amount to cheating and you will not accept that.

In all honesty if you can't trust your man with other women chances are that when he will get the chance he will cheat on you. If you feel you can stop him or want to spend your life stopping him from cheating on you. Then that's fine too. Your choice.

Let me know what you decide to do and the outcome. It's always interesting to see how people react. Fun!

Thanks for your reply. I can see how this comes across, but we do spend a lot of time with our own friends away from each other. In fact we only rarely go out and do things as a couple, we are both busy and like to be with our own friends but we do also find reasonable time for each other when we can, it's all worked out ok for us in that respect. I don't suffocate him at all or pressure him to do things. He's totally free to do as he pleases (which is how it should be anyway!), but he just lies about the things he does when he sees his exes.

There are lots of other little things he does too which set off alarm bells with me, which I don't see the point going into right now. I suppose the lying is the main thing..

I don't know, I just love him to bits and hate to think he's being unfaithful when all the clues are telling me he is. Since I brought it up with him the other night he's been really dissmissive with me so maybe this is the beginning of the end anyway, who knows?
yes id tell her but seeing as my last ex is now seven years prior i doubt shed be too worried
Dump-worthy.

There are reasons why they are his exes, so I don't see why he would want to spend time with them over you, other than the fact that he doesn't love you enough.
Women don't, so why should we? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending