Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bargain Present!Soap and Glory at Boots Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    :dance: if only it was that magical to be in the overdraft, tbh i have plans to be well out of it next month (though car is going in for some maintenance next week) its just so nice with a student account cos its like a deep wishing well of money to use when you need it.

Yeh just like online though some people on MSE have been getting parent codes off online (makes it £20) and one got a dim-witted store person who mistakenly entered it in 3 for 2 so they got 3 for £50!!

WARNING: FYI everyone that buys count what you have inside as last year and this year some people have found a couple of things missing (not many but still).
    I don't know whether to buy one and give it to my mum for christmas and then just slyly use the stuff . She has used them before, I just dont know whether its appropriate for a present..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    I don't know whether to buy one and give it to my mum for christmas and then just slyly use the stuff . She has used them before, I just dont know whether its appropriate for a present..
    I guess it depends on your mum, I know if I hadnt seen it and never having used the stuff (which i havent) that a big array of full size stuff would be fun. Surely unless there are certain things she needs then thats the whole point of a present like this to be something you wouldnt normally buy yourself and test out the range?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)

Or you could split the stuff down, so that you can share it with your mum. That way you get what you want and your mum can try what she needs.

ReputationRep:
    Soap & Glory is amazing :coma: I don't think anyone will buy me one though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Soap & Glory is amazing :coma: I don't think anyone will buy me one though
    awww even harder now its sold out online! You could always get yourself one/ask someone to get you one as a future special occasion/birthday present?

ReputationRep:
    awww even harder now its sold out online! You could always get yourself one/ask someone to get you one as a future special occasion/birthday present?
    Already bought myself a pair of boots as a 'happy christmas to me' present :p: Not so sure I could get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    I love soap & glory but I just bought loads of Elemis products and Liz Earle, so this would sit on the shelf for a while!

ReputationRep:
    Just FYI its back in stock online if you do want to treat yourself.

Edit- small amounts, 1000 yesterday, 100-ish today are being added online at times.

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 from my local London branch today kerching! Only issue now is getting them all back home to Leeds for Xmas.. hmm!xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    I got 3 from my local London branch today kerching! Only issue now is getting them all back home to Leeds for Xmas.. hmm!xx
    Lol I dont envy you! My 2 arrived this afternoon and they are definitely heavier than i thought so cant imagine getting 3 home..in the snow when everything is failing. Did you check they had everything in? infrequent but still reported for this lot and the cold weather seems to make the plastic cover of the wipes fall off - all mine were present but one had the cover off though it still had the thin bit of the packet so i dont mind.

ReputationRep:
    They are heavy, just a word of warning!. I struggled home with mine on the bus!.Mine was all present and correct with everything as it should be

ReputationRep:
    Lol I dont envy you! My 2 arrived this afternoon and they are definitely heavier than i thought so cant imagine getting 3 home..in the snow when everything is failing. Did you check they had everything in? infrequent but still reported for this lot and the cold weather seems to make the plastic cover of the wipes fall off - all mine were present but one had the cover off though it still had the thin bit of the packet so i dont mind.

I did check but thanks

I've just about managed (by folding the boxes down etc) to fit them all in my small suitcase along with my dog's Xmas pressies. I then have another large suitcase for all my clothes/other non-Xmassy stuff - hope I get to the train early and can stash my luggage away! Thank god for wheely suitcases xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    They are heavy, just a word of warning!. I struggled home with mine on the bus!.Mine was all present and correct with everything as it should be
    I hope there weren't too many people on the bus with you, and yay that everything was there it'd be horrible to go through that and realise you had to go back!

(Original post by blinkbelle)
    I did check but thanks

I've just about managed (by folding the boxes down etc) to fit them all in my small suitcase along with my dog's Xmas pressies. I then have another large suitcase for all my clothes/other non-Xmassy stuff - hope I get to the train early and can stash my luggage away! Thank god for wheely suitcases xx
    Ahhh very smart, just hope the snow lets up and your journey isnt too bad.

ReputationRep:
    I hope there weren't too many people on the bus with you, and yay that everything was there it'd be horrible to go through that and realise you had to go back!

Ahhh very smart, just hope the snow lets up and your journey isnt too bad.

There was only me and the driver on the bus back, well it was just after 9am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    There was only me and the driver on the bus back, well it was just after 9am.
    So really you had the best scenario, and i bet the driver was looking on with jealousy lol.

ReputationRep:
    Back online again.

Only 45 this time.

ReputationRep:
    I carried 3 of these on the bus yesterday (got some funny looks, only one is mine, the rest are gifts) then walked about 2 miles home with them in about 8 inches of snow....hard work but definately worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyoufeeling_fashionable)
    I carried 3 of these on the bus yesterday (got some funny looks, only one is mine, the rest are gifts) then walked about 2 miles home with them in about 8 inches of snow....hard work but definately worth it!
    :eek4: well done! that is dedication.

ReputationRep:
    Sooo glad I saw this, love soap & glory :coma:

ReputationRep:
    "...oh. Thanks. It's uh...just what I wanted..."

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.