Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Experimental Psychology
    College: Wadham
    Offer: AAA
    How you found out: Dad woke me up this morning by shoving a letter in my face
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Eh, its rubbish.

LOL JK, I AM GONNA DIE WITH HAPPINESS, never thought there was more than a 1% chance that I could actually get an offer, this is my absolute dream come true!!!!!
    blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
    faxed the letter to my mum to prove it, called all my family members (typical Indian grandparents cried over the phone) and family friends and other friends to see if they had offers too, ran around in the blizzard, still cant believe it! aaaaaaaaaaaah this must be the best day of my life! Think I might go watch the history boys for some solidarity.

ReputationRep:
    Name (optional): Amy
    Subject: PPE
    College: St Hugh's
    Offer: I don't know yet (!)
    How you found out: They rang while I was at work on Friday
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here] I was sitting at my desk at work and was just speechless - they must have thought I was fairly dim!! It hasn't sunk in yet even now - I'm still waiting for them to let me know they were only joking.

I'm on a gap year so I hope it's an unconditional - I didn't realise until a few hours later that it might be based on my Maths A level which I'm continuing with this year - in which case I'm in trouble!! :P

ReputationRep:
    Name: Luke
    Subject: Mathematics
    College: New
    Offer: Unconditional
    How you found out: Received an email Friday morning
    [Insert gushy, smiley riddled response here] I won't, but it definitely hasn't fully sunk in, there were around 40 interviewees for 8 places, so pretty shocked.

ReputationRep:
    Subject: English
    College: LMH
    How you found out: Letter - got it in the post yesterday
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ReputationRep:
    Name: Tom
    Subject: Physics
    College: Hertford
    How you found out: Letter in the post
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: WOOOOOOOOOH, I cant believe it, Im so happy. Im the first person in my family to go to uni and I get EMA! Hahahaa :headbang::headbang:

EDIT: thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Name: Tom
    How you found out: Letter in the post
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: WOOOOOOOOOH, I cant believe it, Im so happy. Im the first person in my family to go to uni and I get EMA! Hahahaa :headbang::headbang:
    Whey for EMA and being the first to go to uni! Though I'm a triplet so the honour sorta gets split into three...

College: Oriel
    How you found out: Post - opened my Jesus rejection letter first...
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: I wish I could give the place to my friend. She really really wants to go Oxford. I'm not fussed...

Although I did do a plane impression in one interview, walked into the door in another (made a very hollow clunk) and called a professor cheeky. Clearly these interviews are very much based on the academic content and not personal failings... Wooop!

Shameless edit - my boyfriend got a place at Oxford too so I am very much fussed and so damn happy! I shall join the gushing, smiley riddled responses

ReputationRep:
    Name (optional): James
    College: Brasenose
    Offer: Haven't found out yet. (But will be AAA)
    How you found out: Voicemail from one of the English tutors on Friday!
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Still genuinely surprised - but very pleased that the tutors were nice enough to call and put me out of my misery.

ReputationRep:
    College: St Hugh's
    Offer: Conditional. I'm being sent a standard letter, (AA), but they are fairly sure they're adjusting and offering me an AB. Its two A levels because I've already finished my English A level. I'm third year sixth form due to biology retakes and various issues haha
    How you found out: They called my mobile in the morning (17th Dec)
    Reaction: I was surprised, the interview didn't go terribly but I didn't have my hopes up at all. I said "yay" then realised I sounded stupid -____-

ReputationRep:
    College: Christ Church
    How you found out: Got the letter yesterday morning, it looked so official so I instantly prepared myself for rejection. Tore the envelope open and quickly scan read for the word "unfortunately" or "regret" or something negative but nope it was an offer! SO EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITED, LIFE IS SWEET :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Name (optional): ChopinNocturne
    Subject: Music
    College: St Anne's
    How you found out: Phone call, which I missed cos of church, so voicemail message
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: :woo::woo::woo: SO HAPPY!!! Literally cannot stop replaying the message....even got my mum to listen to check I wasn't dreaming!

ReputationRep:
    Name (optional): Raph
    Subject: French and Italian
    College: Lincoln
    How you found out: A wonderfully official-looking letter.
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here] EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S LIKE GETTING YOUR HOGWARTS LETTER!

ReputationRep:
    Subject: French and Italian
    College: Keble
    Thoughts: I'm subjected to four years of hellish hard work, this is gonna be funnn

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Biological Science
    College: New
    Offer: AA
    How you found out: Email Friday afternoon
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here] Couldn't believe it at first, as I thought the interview went quite badly...but when it sank in :woo:
    I keep thinking it's all a dream

ReputationRep:
    Name: Susie/SIK/OMS
    Subject: Mathematics
    College: Exeter
    How you found out: Email on Friday. I just got back home from the airport. Checked my email like every 5 minutes
    Response: I started screaming and crying. Mum ran to me and demanded whether it was an offer but I was just screaming!! Then I told her so mum and sister ran to dad to tell the news. He started dancing!! I was over the moon and am so so happy!!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Adam
    Subject: Philosophy, Politics and Economics
    College: Exeter
    Offer: My offer letter gave me an offer of AAA, but from what I understand it is the generic Exeter offer letter and, given I've already sat my A-levels, I'm expecting UCAS track to say "unconditional".
    How you found out: Through the post.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Simone

Subject: PPE

Offer: Conditional AAA

How you found out: I walked down to my local sorting office this morning, and demanded my mail. I then rummaged through it all, in this tiny office, and ripped open the letter, honestly expecting it to say that I was rejected. AND OMG I HAD AN OFFER.

Reaction: *OMG FLAIL* Then I rang my parents.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Brendan
    Subject: Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
    College: Christ Church
    Offer: Conditional AAA
    How you found out: I came home from my driving lessons, and my parents told me that my "letter of disapointment" had came. So picked it up and walked away, eagerly read for 'unfortunately'.. but it was the complete opposite!
    Reaction: I had a maaaaassive grin on my face, and then read it aloud! ahah, now crazily texting everyone who could even possibly care! :grin::grin:

ReputationRep:
    Name: Edward
    Subject: Chinese
    College: Univ
    Offer: Conditional - Certified Copies of Examination Certificates
    How you found out: Email @ 11:22AM 20th Dec, 2010
    Reaction: Thankful to all those who have supported me this far!

ReputationRep:
    Name: mightyduck
    Subject: E&M
    College: Keble

Seriously happy

ReputationRep:
    Subject: History
    College: St. Hilda's
    Offer: Conditional AAA with A in History
    How I found out: Got the letter 10 minutes ago!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.