Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Zimbabwe threatens to nationalise all US and UK companies operating in country Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The country is in a poor economic state despite its incredibly rich resources, if Zimbabwe wishes to use its resources for its own benefit then South Africa supports them on this road to economic recovery but feels there are alternative soloutions than nationalising foreign companies as this will only alienate these corporations home countries and result in loss of foreign aid, something which would be disastrous for the Zimbabwean people.
    If nationalisation does occur South Africa will work harder to renew the power sharing agreement it helped to form in 2008

[ooc] some please get rid of Mugabe, he's as bad as idi Amin [ooc]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taggart)

[ooc] How though? [/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    [ooc] How though? [/ooc]
    [ooc] he's a dictator who is responsible for zimbabwe's economic ruin, terrible healthcare and food shortages [ooc]

ReputationRep:
    [ooc] he's a dictator who is responsible for zimbabwe's economic ruin, terrible healthcare and food shortages [ooc]
    [ooc] Oh yeah, I completely agree. I was just wondering what could be done to get rid of him. I don't really see any way of doing it [/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    [ooc] Oh yeah, I completely agree. I was just wondering what could be done to get rid of him. I don't really see any way of doing it [/ooc]
    [ooc] im sure someone in the US government could get it done... Zimbabwe has rich resources so im surprised they havent tried already [ooc/]

ReputationRep:
    [ooc] im sure someone in the US government could get it done... Zimbabwe has rich resources so im surprised they havent tried already [ooc/]
    That wouldn't go down at all well with neighbouring countries though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattikins)
    The Gambia agrees with Mr Mugabe that the influence of the West in Africa is undesirable. We support Mr Mugabe in his wish to end power-sharing with Mr Tsvangirai. Morgan Tsvangirai is simply the puppet of the West.
    [ooc] the Gambia? I think i might start referring to myself as The France :sexface:[/ooc]

ReputationRep:

[ooc] Considering everything Idi Amin did, it's disgraceful how he was allowed to go into exile and die there without retribution. [/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texan88)
    [ooc] the Gambia? I think i might start referring to myself as The France :sexface:[/ooc]
    [ooc] I find it strange too, but that's actually what it's called! As I basically knew absolutely nothing about the country when I first started doing this, I read up a lot about it online. It is officially called "The Republic of The Gambia", but generally referred to as "The Gambia". It can be referred to as simply"Gambia" but I don't see it called that very often, and it's generally by people outside of Africa [/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    [ooc] Yeah, where does that come from - the Ukraine etc? [/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    [ooc] Yeah, where does that come from - the Ukraine etc? [/ooc]
    [ooc] The united states? the uk? the russia? the china? the democratic republic of i boned your mom?[/ooc]

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.