Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Let's get [BLANK] by [BLANK] to Christmas Number One 2010". watch

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind if they were Christmas songs that were making it to number one, but they always choose stupid things to get into the charts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spikeooa)
    cause its ****e
    And Surfin' Bird is so much better...

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah and this is why I like Indie music. The charts do not reflect what I like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Oh boosy-****ing-hoo. The RATM song was chosen for a clear reason. I'm totally sick of festive christmas songs, too many of the same ****, gimmie something angry and hateful anyday (not that the RATM song was angry or hateful in any way whatsoever, you obviously listen to too much bubblegum pop if you think that).
    Yeah, so you're a metal/rock fan and I'm pretty partial to a bit of Sam Cooke or KT Tunstall, but it's hardly as though I'm the devil or something. Stop taking this so seriously. :lol: It's nearly Christmas, I don't have time to get into arguments over my music tastes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I wouldn't mind if they were Christmas songs that were making it to number one, but they always choose stupid things to get into the charts!
    Totally agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Im not all tha tbothered. Personally, although I despise the pretentiousness of John Cage, I think it would be the funniest #1 of the lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Why is there no mention of Corey Taylor - [email protected]$?
    Man, I always forget he has a face.
    He's just so normal looking without his mask...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Man, I always forget he has a face.
    He's just so normal looking without his mask...
    Well, not always normal:

I've seen Stone Sour live twice so I kind of associate him with that more. Though I shall be hopefully be seeing Slipknot at Sonisphere next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Well, not always normal:

I've seen Stone Sour live twice so I kind of associate him with that more. Though I shall be hopefully be seeing Slipknot at Sonisphere next year!
    Well now I don't know what to think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metro2610)
    You've never heard of [BLANK]?! :eek:
    I feel that [BLANK]'s self-titled single [BLANK] is one of the weaker tracks off the album (parenthesis). I think {SONG X} is a much better example of their talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    I feel that [BLANK]'s self-titled single [BLANK] is one of the weaker tracks off the album (parenthesis). I think {SONG X} is a much better example of their talent.
    Whilst I do agree that {SONG X} was probably the best track on the album, there's a special place in my heart for [BLANK] if I'm honest

Ever heard any of the tracks from their demo ep?

{VOID} is an amazing song.. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    This has been doing well in Ireland getting to Christmas number 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    But for the record, I'd like to see Peppermint Winter by Owl City at number 1. It's festive and cheery and snowy and I love it. But I don't know if it's on iTunes yet so my plan fails. And half the planet hates Owl City anyway. Fools.
    Just listened to it a few times, it sounds whiny, manufactured and generally quite nauseating. Much like the rest of Adam Young's back catalogue. Granted, it's pretty damn festive, but so are lots of (better) songs.

(Original post by metro2610)
    Whilst I do agree that {SONG X} was probably the best track on the album, there's a special place in my heart for [BLANK] if I'm honest

Ever heard any of the tracks from their demo ep?

{VOID} is an amazing song.. :coma:
    I prefer {INSERT SONG TITLE HERE}, but that's just my opinion, I know that a lot of people don't, but I find it quite catchy.

ReputationRep:
    surfin bird just missed out, it wouldve been jokes if it was xmas number 1 but oh well

ReputationRep:
    The thread title reminded me of the episode of Friends where Joey was reading Little Women and Rachel was reading The Shining.

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sendaii)
    Just listened to it a few times, it sounds whiny, manufactured and generally quite nauseating. Much like the rest of Adam Young's
    back catalogue. Granted, it's pretty damn festive, but so are lots of other (better) songs.
    I would probably protest loudly at that, but I'm too busy happily nodding along to Sam Cooke. I like my little "mainstream" bubble. But each to their own. I honestly like it. Kinda wish someone had given the whole "Surfing Bird" idea a push this Christmas, it's a good song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    The thread title reminded me of the episode of Friends where Joey was reading Little Women and Rachel was reading The Shining.

That is all.
    One of the most epic books ever written. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    One of the most epic books ever written. That is all.
    I'm ashamed to say I've yet to read it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.