Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    French. :pierre: It just was the first to spring to mind.

ReputationRep:
    Brazilian Portuguese. I'm currently studying the language but massively restricted to amount of time I can invest in it due to work commitments. It's such a beautiful language. Hopefully will pick Mandarin up next year when I'm (fingers crossed) going to be living in China for a year! And then I'd love to put my Portuguese to use in Brazil.

Nihongo (Japanese) which i'm attempting to learn now.

ReputationRep:
      German and Russian. I used to do a bit of german, and Id like to work on it again.

ReputationRep:
      Chinese and Korean I would love to visit both countries sometime in the future :P

ReputationRep:
      At the moment I really want to learn Swedish but it would be useless :p: I speak French to a reasonable standard already, so... probably German :love:

Or Gaelic, that would be pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
      I really wanna learn Icelandic cos I find it a beautiful and appealing language. I'd also like to pick up French again but the German always seems to come out first.

ReputationRep:
      I want and intend to learn Russian, though I am under no illusions as to how decrepit the country is.

I would love to learn French, German, Latin, Greek and Italian. (I wish).

Simply so I can be exposed to a wide variety of European cultures and read certain literature texts in their original languages.

ReputationRep:
        already in the process of learning the one I wanted-Turkish

ReputationRep:
        Korean, Chinese Mandarin, Japanese, amoung some other ones but depends whether it is a country I like

ReputationRep:
        Japanese so I can do business in the future.

ReputationRep:
        Arabic I tried at GCSE but messed up I want to start again though. It's a great language.

ReputationRep:
        Japanese or Italian

ReputationRep:
        British Sign Language, and to be fluent in French (currently a rusty intermediate).

ReputationRep:
        I'd like to learn the four prominent european languages, french, german, spanish and italian. More career-related than anything else, it's always good to know a bit and be able to have a casual chats with european clients in their native language.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by SoapyDish)
        British Sign Language
        Just watch tv past midnight, a lot of the shows have the person in the corner doing sign language.

Jeremy Kyle has it, although the only signs that seem to be made are middle finger and ****er signs :awesome:

ReputationRep:
        French - cause I was good at it.

Pus I want to be able to make spontaneous trips to france/paris.

ReputationRep:
        Icelandic, so I can understand what the lyrics by Sigur Rós mean

ReputationRep:
        Spanish - improve it
        French - improve it
        Dutch - learn it
        Portuguese - learn it
        Italian - improve it
        Arabic - learn it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.