The Student Room Group

How can I find a half-decent man? Is it really too much to ask?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by irrasya
Here we go again, another Friday night in front of Live at the Apollo with a ready-meal. I could have gone out with some people from my old school tonight if I'd have fancied ending up dancing on the table with my knickers on my head. :shifty:

lol you sound like a riot, though I can't chat, I cancelled a "date", tonight cos it was snowing and my boots are at the cobblers lol

but a social situation is what you make of it, if you're friendly and ready to be approached while out you might get out of this rut you're in, if you have all the personality of a wall flower however, well you know who's to blame

Original post by irrasya
Oh my life. Is this really life post-university? Where are all the decent men? I'm the kind of lady who loves to spend the day in a library, or go for country walks and come back home to a romantic meal with a Pinot Grigio. Why can't I find like-minded individuals? Instead I'm surrounded by people who wouldn't know elegance or sophistication if it bit them on the bottom.

How can I find a half-decent man?

Spending the day in the library? Hard work is ok but come on unless you've got exams there's far better uses of your time, and there isn't anything particularly elegant about walking around in the country, a night at the theater or visiting a museum would be far more edifying, at least there's a distraction there rather than having to put up with a, well a bit of a bore such as yourself for hours on end

Oh and Pinot Grigio is a **** wine, it has all the flavour and subtlety of tap water
Reply 21
Original post by alex_hk90
Cue loads of replies from guys claiming to be said "half-decent man"... (maybe that was your intention?)

And there you have it - the first post within 2 minutes is one such reply.

:redface:
Reply 22
LOL at amount of deperate guys on here :facepalm:
Original post by *Lollo*
Not to mention: a lot of guys don't want to date girls that are smarter than them, or even if equally clever (if they are intellectuals).

Is that really true? (I am grateful for H&R - a source of information I would never attain from the real world).

Original post by sparkjolt
DON'T wait for someone to speak to you. Show some initiative. Go over to someone and start a conversation, even if it's just a simple "hi" or "what book are you reading?"

And men won't get annoyed if a woman does that, right? (For future reference).
Reply 24
Try having an open mind....often the 'type' you have in your head can be too specific, and isn't the kind that is totally right for you :smile:

Try just saying hi if there is a guy at the library you like, or even online dating (worth a shot?) , I wouldn't write them off because they aren't checking every bit on your list :smile:
hi.
while i am guessing the original poster was aiming to suggest that she merely enjoys finer things in life, to me it has come out more as if she is a high maintenance type of person who thinks what she does makes her better than those she has met before?
...so you're eating readymeal whilst watching tv.... hmm. loads of 'non-half-decent' guys do this too = not so different from these 'commoners' after all ;D
Reply 26
Original post by Veldrin
I'm 1/4 decent will that do?

Got there first, you cheeky thing.
Original post by irrasya
Here we go again, another Friday night in front of Live at the Apollo with a ready-meal. I could have gone out with some people from my old school tonight if I'd have fancied ending up dancing on the table with my knickers on my head. :shifty:

Oh my life. Is this really life post-university? Where are all the decent men? I'm the kind of lady who loves to spend the day in a library, or go for country walks and come back home to a romantic meal with a Pinot Grigio. Why can't I find like-minded individuals? Instead I'm surrounded by people who wouldn't know elegance or sophistication if it bit them on the bottom.

Haha, women are such idiots. Most women will look past mmany decent women and go for the good looking bad byoy who treats them like ****- pathetic!
Original post by irrasya

Well, I don't think you're going to find one on TSR, dancing on a table OR at the bottom of your ready-meal (Elegance and sophistication, hmm? :wink: ) so maybe get out there and look for him, eh? :rolleyes:
Original post by im so academic
Original post by *Lollo*
Not to mention: a lot of guys don't want to date girls that are smarter than them, or even if equally clever (if they are intellectuals).

Is that really true? (I am grateful for H&R - a source of information I would never attain from the real world).

I can assure you that this is something you'll never need to be worried about.
(edited 13 years ago)

generally i wouldn't think they would be annoyed, in fact the opposite. however if you were the one down the line asking them to marry you, well thats a massive blow to the pride.
Original post by irrasya

it's simple. we are all getting drunk and idiotic so we don't have to think about never finding the half-decent women whilst they are all staying home because all they ever find are drunken idiots...and that my friend is the true circle of life.

well that and a cheerio.
Reply 32

On both counts - no, of course not. :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Original post by irrasya

You can find a half-decent man by looking where the idiots aren't.
Reply 34
Ah yes the elegance and sophistication of a ready meal and an awfully unfunny BBC comedy show.
Original post by irrasya

Go somewhere else in the country you ****ing toff.
you women bore me
Reply 37
Original post by irrasya

When i read the thread title, i was riled and determined to scroll down to quick reply without reading your post and just type 'become a half-decent woman' because most women aren't and they keep expecting some uberman to choose them over much better quality women that ARE out their.

But what your asking for is not too much, i suggest you move, the place you live in right now clearly doesn't cater a high output of males that are to your standard, move somewhere metropolitan like london, or maybe just outside london like surrey and surrounding counties.

Good luck! :wink:
Become a stoner, it means that you actually appreciate the sheer magnificence of eating a ready meal in front of the television.
Reply 39
Perhaps you could find one if you were a half-decent girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending