Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friends with benefits Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    yeh i had one but then the guy got too serious and attached so it had to end!

ReputationRep:
    I have a FWB =) We are very close as friends, I tell him everything. But we're definitely not suited for a relationship. Neither of us is the type to get "emotionally attached", although I value his friendship a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Staines is a pretty good place to meet friends with "benefits"

ReputationRep:
    I still have a friend with benefits. He is much older, and helps me in many ways...
    He is a gentleman and I like him. We meet from time to time and that helps my bills. It's cool and I do not regret it. We even have similar sexual tastes!!

I think I may be developing one of these. We weren't really friends to begin with- we're in the same year and do the same subject so we see eachother all the time. We met in a student bar we're both in all the time, and have a lot of mutual friends. We started talking, there was a bit of a spark and it just ended up that we knew we were going to get with eachother and he invited me back to his (at this point we hadn't even kissed). When we were in bed he just started hugging me, then he kissed me and then it progressed from there. After that, we didn't speak for a few days then he saw me in the same student bar and we spoke a bit and later he started speaking to me on facebook and said "well if your house is cold, feel free to come to mine" and then said he hoped to see me soon. About 2 days later, he saw me again and we kissed, and we went back to his.

I kind of like him, I'm scared of getting too emotionally attatched but I'm not sure whether my feelings at the moment are just because I fancy the **** out of him (he's incredibly good looking) or whether I want to have a relationship. Either way, I definitely wouldn't say no to it happening again. I figured as long as I don't start to get over emotionally attatched, a little bit is fine and as long as I have fun in the mean time I don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    had one, was great fun. she was amazing in bed and a good girl, but not someone i would ever have a relationship with. ended amicably and if im down her way i still pop round.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I had but the guy wanted something more serious and never said that we were fwb. He always thought that our "relationship" would grow and I would start to love him even though I said him that this is nothing more than fwb. I didn't so we had too many fights about it and we had to stop the whole fwb thing. Now we can't even talk to each other... Doesn't seem to work. **** buddies may work but fwb doesn't

ReputationRep:
    I have one. Its good. Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    i love FWBs, my current one is a great cook, so i get sex and free meals (at uni and i cant cook that well so big bonus)
    however its clear she wants to be more than fwbs so i doubt itl last much longer, its a lot harder to break up a FWB and still remain friends though
    • TSR Support Team

Most of my friends who have had one, usually it gets messy after a while because someone always gets more emotional feelings.

ReputationRep:
    That does not appeal to me.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend with a great benefit. Her bra size is 34DD. You can work out the rest yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What's your opinion on FWB's?

Have you had one before or are you still currently in contact with one? If so, did you enjoy the experience or would you not go there again? If you have had a FWB before, was it hard to maintain just maintain a casual relationship with them and not feel anything more towards them? If you've never had a FWB, why or why not? And would you if you could? Would you rather have an FWB than a girlfriend/boyfriend?
    one word
    morosely disgusting
    you lose your disginity
    your sense of shame
    your morals
    you let lust take intellect
    aboslutely disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spalmer)
    I still have a friend with benefits. He is much older, and helps me in many ways...
    He is a gentleman and I like him. We meet from time to time and that helps my bills. It's cool and I do not regret it. We even have similar sexual tastes!!
    that's disgusting
    i mean people can't have an actual relationship
    this is horrendous
    society has become so immoral
    you and your life..

ReputationRep:
    I call them Friendly prostitutes.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's that bad an idea, it's just not something I've ever done myself.

ReputationRep:
    It works for some people. If one person develops feelings though and the other doesn't then it's a nosedive towards disaster and has to be dealt with quickly or you will ruin your friendship forever.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't have one. I don't like the idea of sleeping or doing stuff with randomers. (Even if they are my friend). I would find it too weird and would rather be in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    As long as neither party gets attached then you're alright* OH and consent has to be there of course. Tbh, if you can act, then you should have no problems detaching yourself

*this is rare, I know now to cut it off myself if I get feelings

ReputationRep:
    I used to be FWB's with my ex, who has also been my best friend for years. It was fine, but I felt like it would become a problem if it went on long enough, so we just... stopped. We never talked about it, just stopped having sex. We're still best friends and there's nothing weird between us, but I probably wouldn't do it again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.