Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I block internet access during lectures? Watch

Use pen and paper. You will be universally hated for the TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP noise when people are trying to pay attention.

(Original post by super.teve)
        Most people do though don't they?
        I can imagine that a lot who do, take them not out of choice, but because they need too.
        Around 10 people at my college take notes on laptops, because they can't write for ****
        Do you go to a special needs college?

ReputationRep:
        If you can't restrain yourself from using the Internet for a short period of time, you need to get professional help.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by FXX)
        Do you go to a special needs college?
        Nope
        Ten out of 900 is not alot?

(Original post by super.teve)
          Nope
          Ten out of 900 is not alot?
          You questioned whether "most" people take laptops into lectures. 10 out of 900 is not 'most', and no, the majority of people don't bother because they're more cumbersome and less flexible than a pen and paper, and like I said, they make the most irritating racket possible.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by FXX)
          You questioned whether "most" people take laptops into lectures. 10 out of 900 is not 'most', and no, the majority of people don't bother because they're more cumbersome and less flexible than a pen and paper, and like I said, they make the most irritating racket possible.
          Nonono,
          I meant most people who take them in have special needs or writing problems.

Sorry, misunderstandings and my unclear typing.

ReputationRep:
          In college most of us prefer to type,as its neater,quicker and notes can somewhat copied/pasted. Its also more green as well. Saying that,we are in a technology college...

The easiest thing to do here is to leave your laptop switched off/disconnect yourself

ReputationRep:
          If your laptop has one, flick the WiFi switch.

ReputationRep:
          Get a laptop that need a wireless adaptor, or make one that needs an adaptor by destroying it internally, then leave the adaptor behind.

ReputationRep:
          A bit of self-restrain will do the job.

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
        Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.