Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Changing from Grammar to State school part way through AS Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Dolan)
    [Background] I finished my GCSE's in May of this year at one of my local schools, I loved every minute, got Head Boy, got 11 A*'s in my GCSE's, and was generally friends with everyone

Anyway we didn't have a sixth form so...

I began my AS's this September at a grammar school which is about 20 miles away, which means I have 3 hours on the bus each day, and I leave for school at 7.15 and get back at 5.40.

It's all boys and it's strict and I don't feel I stand out much, also I only have a couple of friends who have come to the grammar school with me, although I've made a fair few friends and feel settled in. The boys there are very different to my old friends though, not really very socially active :/.

I am thinking of changing to a local sixth form after xmas and studying the same 5 A-levels there, but will on the upside have much shorter days and be with my friends.

But I'm not 100% decided, do you think this is a wide decision? Would I regret it?

If anyone has been in a similar situation or feels they could offer me their general advice or thoughts that would be very greatly appreciated.

This is a conundrum.

Thanks so much,

Jack
    I'd say go for it - travelling for three hours to and from a sixth form that it doesn't sound like you're entirely happy at seems like quite a sacrifice!

ReputationRep:
    I'm at grammar school. And I'm quite far above average. But then I'm a smug ****

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Gabby , yeah I'm seriously thinking about it now.

Planar, a lot of people are above average..50% in fact . What do you think of grammar? Have you been there since year 7?

Jack

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.