Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there any people who believe in God here? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midpikyrozziy)
    Can you show us any of this scientific evidence please?
    I'll try and find some for you, I read it a while back before i became a Christian. But the basics of it revolves around Jesus being proved to have done all that it said in the bible, and having existed. That bit is fact. Its up to you whether you believe if he was God's son or not.

ReputationRep:
    And whoever disliked my post just totally cant take it. What exactly have I said that you can deny?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruthJS)
    Do you believe in grammar?

I believe in good grammar.

ReputationRep:
    I think The TSR Christian Society might have a few believers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jrutherford)
    How can you say that he doesn't exist when there is now scientific evidence that points straight to his existance! This is ridiculous. Guys, why would the church and religion as a whole exist the way it does (in other words with billions of followers) when it doesn't exist! Do you honestly think that a lie would carry on a good 2000 years? Of course it wouldn't! I will say to all of you now with complete confidence that God does exist. You need to want to see him to be able to. Thats your problem. You're just ignoring him.
    By that logic, Vishnu DEFINITELY exists. It's irrefutable. Hinduism has been around for 3,500 years. That makes it even more credible than Christianity!

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and find some for you, I read it a while back before i became a Christian. But the basics of it revolves around Jesus being proved to have done all that it said in the bible, and having existed. That bit is fact. Its up to you whether you believe if he was God's son or not.
    So you've got a scientific experiment that proves Jesus existed? And not just historical writings? wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jvasos)
    its a shame that we leave in a nation of unbelievers,

personally i can only testify how much the Lord has done for me, i have received an amazing job from with the odds against me, i have genuinely seen a massive turn around in my life since i became of faith.

it doesn't cost anything for you to try it for yourself, go to church, meditate and truly speak to God and im sure you'll see a turnaround in your life,

i truly pray and feel sorry for the type of ppl posting comments in this forum, thing is at one point in their life, they'll have nowhere to turn to, me- i have always got my Lord and Saviour.

one of my fav quotes is that 'the devil's greatest trick was make people believe that he doesn't exist.'

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves for it is the gift of God: so that it may be impossible for anyone to boast."(Ephesians 2:8-9)
    I don't know why people negged you for speaking the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    I don't know why people negged you for speaking the truth.
    Saying 'its a shame you are the way you are' may have something to do with it. (not that i would bother negging every comment i see like this personally - its nice to hand out some positive rep sometimes )

ReputationRep:
    How do I get God to help me?

I spelt there their*. There, there... it'll be fine.
    Look, I'm going to be honest, if you want advice or help with religion, TSR is not the place for it. Most of us here are atheists, and there are lots of elitists here who will ridicule and insult you for even mentioning religion. It makes them feel smarter and better about themselves (pretty hypocritical for such a 'tolerant' community).

I'm an atheist, I can't answer your question, but go somewhere else for advice about religion because you will be mercilessly ripped to shreds here for even bringing it up, before you know it this is a 15 page flame war.

ReputationRep:
    of course i believe in god u try to believe u are not gonna lose any thing god will help u if u followed his rules and ask him he will award u be patient if u have problems he will help u be good to people every body will love u if u treated them as u want them to treat u.u are going to find happiness.

ReputationRep:
    If you really believed in God and put your faith in Him, then you wouldn't be asking the original question. God helps and guides you out of love. There isn't just a method for you to use to get Him to help you.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    How do I get God to help me?

I spelt there their*. There, there... it'll be fine.
    Well I think you believe in a loving Christian God but you are probably mistaken if you think he exists.

Anyway even if he does, according to William Lane Craig your not guarenteed a good life on Earth.

I'd recommend just forgetting about it and trying to think through your problems (what are they by the way, if you don't mind me asking (i might be able to help))

ReputationRep:
    Are you suggesting that God will help me if I have faith?
    Yes. Faith and religion can be very beneficial and increase onces inner self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachie22)
    i think people only believe in god(s) because at least they have a figure to place their faith into
    I think to an extent this is true. If you've ever been in a horrible situation, the thought that there is a higher power is a comforting one. I'm not suggesting that religion is for the weak, but for some people it is more supportive than any number of friends or family. A year or so ago I would have laughed at the idea of a God, now I'm not so arrogant to dismiss other people's beliefs. Another word for religion is "faith" and it's very very difficult to break someone's faith, however many logical arguments you throw at it.

ReputationRep:

personally i can only testify how much the Lord has done for me, i have received an amazing job from with the odds against me, i have genuinely seen a massive turn around in my life since i became of faith.

it doesn't cost anything for you to try it for yourself, go to church, meditate and truly speak to God and im sure you'll see a turnaround in your life,

i truly pray and feel sorry for the type of ppl posting comments in this forum, thing is at one point in their life, they'll have nowhere to turn to, me- i have always got my Lord and Saviour.

one of my fav quotes is that 'the devil's greatest trick was make people believe that he doesn't exist.'

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves for it is the gift of God: so that it may be impossible for anyone to boast."(Ephesians 2:8-9)
    omg......... :banghead:

ReputationRep:

So I suppose the fact that you have an amazing job had nothing to do with all of the hard work and effort you put in to get it? :facepalm:

If you so-called God is as you say he his, how come no one answers the prayers of his followers?

ReputationRep:
    How can you say that he doesn't exist when there is now scientific evidence that points straight to his existance! This is ridiculous. Guys, why would the church and religion as a whole exist the way it does (in other words with billions of followers) when it doesn't exist! Do you honestly think that a lie would carry on a good 2000 years? Of course it wouldn't! I will say to all of you now with complete confidence that God does exist. You need to want to see him to be able to. Thats your problem. You're just ignoring him.
    Show me this evidence.

Religious belief has declined. It used to be that everyone believed in God whereas nowadays your as likely to find an atheist as a theist. Furthermore, there was a distinct lack of knowledge in the early times of religion. So believing in a God was much easier 2000 years ago when they didn't even have light bulbs compared to know where evolution and the big band are widely accepted.

Besides, You need to want to see him to be able to. That sums it up really doesn't it. I have no need for God and therefore it is just as obvious to me that it doesn't exist as it is to you that it does. I firmly believe people don't need God to survive, but the idea of God needs people to survive.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is religious, you must really hate those militant atheist f******.

ReputationRep:
    I've always believe that God was created by humans out of fear of death and the belief in fairness.
    I often equate him to Santa Claus because a child believes in them because they are told so without any proof and eventually stop believe. God is just accepted on a much larger basis.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.