Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stop moaning about the weather Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    How come she cant come home? sorry to hear that
    Trains cancelled, taxis not running and parents can't drive to get her because the roads are really bad where they live. Also can't see boyfriend today. Big fat FML.
    EDIT: Sorry for seriously moaning... just bleh. Major bad mood today.

ReputationRep:
    Local councils and regional authorities knew this was coming. Anyone with a TV or internet connection knew. Yet we get paralysed by weather conditions other nations live with everyday. Embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else love going out drinking when it's snowing and trying to not fall over when intoxicated?

Or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    The snow is amazing I just wish it would snow even heavier (perhaps a couple of days before Christmas so it sticks).

ReputationRep:
    Snow means work finishes earlier today. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
    I must admit, it does piss me off when people moan about snow. They go on and on about how they really want it to snow, and when it does, they just complain. You can't have it both ways.
    Well I didn't want it to come in the first place,because I remember last year and this year seems worse.It's not so much the snow it'self,but even that can get tiresome after a time, slipping on ice, all that slush when it starts to melt.It's more what comes with it. For instance, panic buying,so shelfs in shops are stripped bare, how services stop running. if you work ,it is a serious pain. It doesn't help that rather than investing in technologies and man power that could help keep Britiain running, we have spent money on dealing with global warming.Which it turns out was sold to us by snake oil salesmen and is just another way for the government to control us. So no I think we have a right to moan.

Now you can say it's just the British can't handle the weather.But what people don't realise is, in other countries where snow is more common all year round things don't run smooth either.And also wouldn't you know it,but apparently there are different kinds of snow.And the snow that hits Britain is apparently worse than other countries.

Snow means a snow man for thursday yeah!

ReputationRep:
      I like the rain.
      I like the snow.
      I like the wind.
      I don't like the sun though!

ReputationRep:
      If you don't like moaning/complaining/general cynicism of society, you're really in the wrong country.

It's Britain, and I loves it for its pessimism :awesome:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by shark67)
      You moan when its hot, you moan when it rains and you moan when it snows. If you've made plans to jet off somewhere, then tough.
      Get over it. I can barely leave my house due to this damn weather, I think I have a right to be pissed.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.